Professional Web Applications Themes

contribute crashing - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to cope? It's already cost me hours of time when I'm in the editing mode and contribute crashes with no warning, thus losing all the editing changes I wanted to upload onto my website. So I should save at frequent intervals as I go along? Unfortunately, "saving" in Contribute is not as simple as it was in a previous program; it means opening up another page, going back and finding my place again (which in a long doent is also time-consuming -- if I could just click "Save" and go ...

  1. #1

    Default contribute crashing

    Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to cope? It's already
    cost me hours of time when I'm in the editing mode and contribute crashes with
    no warning, thus losing all the editing changes I wanted to upload onto my
    website. So I should save at frequent intervals as I go along? Unfortunately,
    "saving" in Contribute is not as simple as it was in a previous program; it
    means opening up another page, going back and finding my place again (which in
    a long doent is also time-consuming -- if I could just click "Save" and go
    right on editing, but I can't...) So right now I'm stymied... find the
    program not nearly as useful as I'd hoped it would be.

    robinia@eskimo.com Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: contribute crashing

    PS I didn't mean to triple post this complaint -- kinda like shouting. My apologies for the rudeness!
    robinia@eskimo.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hello [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email],

    What kind of page are you trying to edit ? Does this happen only with this
    page or other pages in the website as well.
    Are you using Contribute on MAC on windows ?

    -Avinash
    > Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to cope?
    > It's already cost me hours of time when I'm in the editing mode and
    > contribute crashes with no warning, thus losing all the editing
    > changes I wanted to upload onto my website. So I should save at
    > frequent intervals as I go along? Unfortunately, "saving" in
    > Contribute is not as simple as it was in a previous program; it means
    > opening up another page, going back and finding my place again (which
    > in a long doent is also time-consuming -- if I could just click
    > "Save" and go right on editing, but I can't...) So right now I'm
    > stymied... find the program not nearly as useful as I'd hoped it
    > would be.

    Avinash Rao Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Robinia,
    This happens to us several times a week and I share your frustration. I love
    Contribute, but the constant crashes drive me crazy. We use Macs (mine is a
    MacBook Pro but others use iBooks and desktops). We use Contribute 3.11 and
    have reinstalled to see if that helps. Nothing. FYI, the size of the file you
    paste to the draft page doesn't seem to matter, in our experience. It happens
    with small files and big ones. It also doesn't matter how long Contribute has
    been launched. It happens right away and after several hours of use. It seems
    to happen when we try to insert words into a sentence or delete spaces and
    punctuation. Normal editing, in other words. It's been this way, literally, for
    years and I'm baffled by the company's unwillingness to fix it.

    tryanother Guest