All Includes are merged into the template-based page after the page has been edited and published with Contribute - if they are in "non-editable regions"! Please, someone point me in the right direction - if it's calling Adobe's Help line, or posting the files or whatever. I can't finish this project and hand off to the client until this is resolved. Andrew [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Cyber9am [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Contribute CS3 embeds the contents off SSI Includes intopage after Edit and Publish - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Contribute CS3 embeds the contents off SSI Includes intopage after Edit and Publish - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have tried every possible way to figure this out but it seems as though no one has this problem or a solution... My Dreamweaver CS3 Template based files that have SSI Includes placed in a "non-editable region" of a template and/or nested templates are continually embedded, merged, or hard-coded (I used those keywords for anyone else who might be searching for help on this frustrating issue) into the page after it has been edited and published with Contribute CS3 for Windows. After many, many, hours and days rebuilding templates (thinking that it was my code), experimenting with .htaccess include_path ...

Default Contribute CS3 embeds the contents off SSI Includes intopage after Edit and Publish

I have tried every possible way to figure this out but it seems as though no
    one has this problem or a solution...

My Dreamweaver CS3 Template based files that have SSI Includes placed in a
    "non-editable region" of a template and/or nested templates are continually
    embedded, merged, or hard-coded (I used those keywords for anyone else who
    might be searching for help on this frustrating issue) into the page after it
    has been edited and published with Contribute CS3 for Windows.

After many, many, hours and days rebuilding templates (thinking that it was my
    code), experimenting with .htaccess include_path variables, and cursing this
    application, I have come to one conclusion - if I put my includes within
    "editable regions" in the templates or the template based pages, edit and
    publish the page with Contribute - then the page is saved normally, with the
    includes intact and not embedded within the page. This is of course not
    necessarily desirable!

I have tried using various types of include directives like:
    <?php include('footer.inc'); ?>
    <?php require('footer.inc'); ?>
    <?php virtual(footer.php'); ?>
    <!--#include file="footer.inc"-->
    <!--#include virtual="footer.inc"-->

All Includes are merged into the template-based page after the page has been
    edited and published with Contribute - if they are in "non-editable regions"!

Please, someone point me in the right direction - if it's calling Adobe's Help
    line, or posting the files or whatever. I can't finish this project and hand
    off to the client until this is resolved.

Andrew

Cyber9am Guest

Default Re: Contribute CS3 embeds the contents of SSI Includesinto page after Edit and Publish

So this is actually a pretty easy fix, but it requires some major changes to
    your system (unfortunately). I wrote an article on it, which can be found here:

[url]http://www.adobe.com/devnet/contribute/articles/publishing_port.html[/url]

My_nics_are_all_take Guest

Default Re: Contribute CS3 embeds the contents of SSI Includesinto page after Edit and Publish

John, I just looked at the article you linked to, but there's no mention of Includes. Am I missing something?
    tunghoy Guest