Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute good as a cheap CMS alternative? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have small clients and they are not always willing to shell out money for maintenance but they want an easy/economical way to make updates by themselves. I don't want to build a custom dynamic system just to give them options to update their pages especially when the site is small. I was thinking about installing Contribute for my clients so that they can make site edits when there is no need for database. Is anyone actually doing this? Thanks....

  1. #1

    Default Contribute good as a cheap CMS alternative?

    I have small clients and they are not always willing to shell out money for
    maintenance but they want an easy/economical way to make updates by themselves.
    I don't want to build a custom dynamic system just to give them options to
    update their pages especially when the site is small. I was thinking about
    installing Contribute for my clients so that they can make site edits when
    there is no need for database.
    Is anyone actually doing this?
    Thanks.

    iolo72 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute good as a cheap CMS alternative?

    "iolo72" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have small clients and they are not always willing to shell out money for
    > maintenance but they want an easy/economical way to make updates by
    > themselves.
    > I don't want to build a custom dynamic system just to give them options to
    > update their pages especially when the site is small. I was thinking about
    > installing Contribute for my clients so that they can make site edits when
    > there is no need for database.
    > Is anyone actually doing this?
    > Thanks.

    Yes, I use this for clients all the time. It's perfect for small,
    non-database driven websites.

    --
    Helen, lime, et al.

    lime Guest

  3. #3

    lime wrote:
    >Yes, I use this for clients all the time. It's perfect for small,
    >non-database driven websites.
    Do you have any issues with Contribute not rendering parts of the page
    properly?

    I am trying to use it for the first time, and finding that it puts black
    backgrounds on several UL's (where a light colour shows in Dreamweaver
    and all browsers) - making the dark text almost invisible. Do you have
    to revisit all your code and ensure that all elements have explicit
    foreground and background color declarations perhaps?
    --
    BW
    BW Guest

  4. #4

    "BW" <meprivacy.net> wrote in message news:EYfCidncUGYEFwL+privacy.net...
    > lime wrote:
    >
    >>Yes, I use this for clients all the time. It's perfect for small,
    >>non-database driven websites.
    >
    > Do you have any issues with Contribute not rendering parts of the page
    > properly?
    >
    > I am trying to use it for the first time, and finding that it puts black
    > backgrounds on several UL's (where a light colour shows in Dreamweaver and
    > all browsers) - making the dark text almost invisible. Do you have to
    > revisit all your code and ensure that all elements have explicit
    > foreground and background color declarations perhaps?
    > --
    > BW
    Can't say I have had the problem out of the 5-6 sites I have set up so
    far...

    --
    Helen, lime, et al.

    lime Guest

  5. #5

    Is this software something that needs to be installed on each client's workstation or is it on the servers allowing for web-based access?
    Thanks.
    Kiwi Vine Design Guest

  6. #6

    Contribute is a client software which must be installed per workstation.
    Teuvo Guest

  7. #7