Are tags I have found to work to display certain area's in a nice little box, but so far nothing to disable the editing of it. I need a tag or two to be able to lock the title region from the contribute users. Thanks.:( [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => GhostGT [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> ....,,, I prefer code as well, but in this case, in order to use DW templates effectively, you may have to rely on the GUI to create the actual template part, even if the rest of the page was hand-coded. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => RoseyGren [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Contribute Locking Regions - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Contribute Locking Regions - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I was wondering if there was a tag that would lock an area from the contibute program so it doesnt destroy the html and other web code. <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Contact Info" --> <!-- TemplateEndEditable --> Are tags I have found to work to display certain area's in a nice little box, but so far nothing to disable the editing of it. I need a tag or two to be able to lock the title region from the contribute users. Thanks.:(...

Default Contribute Locking Regions

I was wondering if there was a tag that would lock an area from the contibute
    program so it doesnt destroy the html and other web code.

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Contact Info" -->
    <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

Are tags I have found to work to display certain area's in a nice little box,
    but so far nothing to disable the editing of it. I need a tag or two to be able
    to lock the title region from the contribute users. Thanks.:(

GhostGT Guest

Default Re: Contribute Locking Regions

If you have set up your site originally using Dreamweaver, you can create
    Dreamweaver templates thatthe pages in the site are based on. The templates
    allow you to create areas on the pages that can or cannot be modified by other
    users, including Contribute users.

The tags you included are examples of a page that was created using a
    template. That area was originally editable.

RoseyGren Guest

I know that those tags are from a dreamweaver template, and all dreamweaver
    does is gives you a gui for the code. I like code better, so I was wondering if
    anyone who has created a template has the code for me to insert into my web
    application to prevent contribute from destroying the html like only contribute
    can do.

I have dreamweaver and I do not see the area or opition to flag it to be a
    locked region, so if you can either provide the code for the locked region or a
    guide to create a locked region that would be great, thanks again.

GhostGT Guest

From what I can tell, pages that are created based on a template have the code
    you sent arund areas that are deemed editable on the template file itself. In
    the page created from a teplate is a piece of code that refers to the template,
    and that appears to be where the page takes its cues from concerning editable
    regions.

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/Main.dwt"
    codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

....<rest of page, including editable regions>,,,

<!-- InstanceEnd -->

I prefer code as well, but in this case, in order to use DW templates
    effectively, you may have to rely on the GUI to create the actual template
    part, even if the rest of the page was hand-coded.

RoseyGren Guest