Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute might not be enough? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have never designed a website, worked with HTML, Java, etc. Our contracted web site host/designer instructed us to download Contribute which would allow us to make changes to both text and pictures on our site. I have been able to make changes to text. However the "Gallery" page was another matter. I deleted one picture and inserted another into the thumbnail panels. After I "published" the edited page, it came back blank.. empty of any pics. He said we couldn't do that due to the embedded java script, html, etc. I realize the issue as to what we can ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute might not be enough?

    I have never designed a website, worked with HTML, Java, etc. Our contracted
    web site host/designer instructed us to download Contribute which would allow
    us to make changes to both text and pictures on our site. I have been able to
    make changes to text. However the "Gallery" page was another matter. I
    deleted one picture and inserted another into the thumbnail panels. After I
    "published" the edited page, it came back blank.. empty of any pics. He said
    we couldn't do that due to the embedded java script, html, etc. I realize the
    issue as to what we can do lies with him. My question and favor to ask is
    would someone look at our site and give me a clue as to what products in
    addition to Contribute if necessary I would need to edit our site. Job
    pictures and some text is about all we need to modify from time to time.
    Thanks for any help. [url]www.watsoncommercialgc.com[/url]

    shoptoy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute might not be enough?

    You cannot replace the thumbnails and images the way you tried because the
    gallerie is generated by a script language (javascript, php or something else).

    But you don't need an additonal product, I think.

    1. In Contribute you find at the right of the addressbar the 'Choose' button.
    2. Click this button and find the folders p7hg_img_1/thumbs/ and
    p7hg_img_1/fullsize/
    3. in this folders you will find the thumbnails and images of the gallery

    If you have the proper rights (the right to delete files) you can overwrite
    the images by uploading a file from your computer with the same name as the
    image you want to replace (and the thumbnail of course).

    1. in the menu go to File, Publish file from my computer
    2. browse to the image (thumbnail) with the right name
    3. choose the right folder (p7hg_img_1/thumbs/ or
    p7hg_img_1/fullsize/)
    4. click publish
    5. check 'replace 'filename' with your version
    6. click ok

    Furthermore I think you can add images to these folders starting from
    WatsonCommercialGC_(30)_fs.jpg (since the highest number now is 29).

    1. in the menu go to File, Publish file from my computer
    2. browse to the image (thumbnail) with the right name
    3. choose the right folder (p7hg_img_1/thumbs/ or
    p7hg_img_1/fullsize/)
    4. click publish

    Hope this will help.

    ThinkInk Guest