Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute Painfully slow - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Anyone else finding that contribute runs very slowly on their computers? Whenever i click from page to page in my site using contribute it takes forever to download each page. The problem seems to be consistent across all computers ive used the program on and ive been on broadband connection each time. Dont no if there is any real fix guess im just looking to see if anyone else in the same boat:grin;:brokenheart;:sad;...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute Painfully slow

    Anyone else finding that contribute runs very slowly on their computers?

    Whenever i click from page to page in my site using contribute it takes
    forever to download each page.

    The problem seems to be consistent across all computers ive used the program
    on and ive been on broadband connection each time.

    Dont no if there is any real fix guess im just looking to see if anyone else
    in the same boat:grin;:brokenheart;:sad;

    rnailer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute Painfully slow

    are you getting the same issue on all sites you are connecting to? see if you
    can te the same issue on other sites.. i think there is a test website
    for contribute. download a connection key from
    [url]http://www.contributesupport.com/users/agabriel[/url]

    you might be encountering the dreaded cisco pix firewall issue.. if issue is
    site specific.. download the spotfix from
    [url]http://www.contributesupport.com/downloads/NetIOFTP.zip[/url]

    MarkuzAddiktuz Guest

  3. #3

    I like you am finding contribute painfully slow. I have tried everything and
    nothing helps. I even posted to this forum and sent email to customer support.
    I am also on broadband and have checked the server that I am hosted on. It is
    to the point that I am considering using other products.

    sdrouillard Guest

  4. #4

    What is this firewall issue you are refering to and what is that fix. and what
    does it do. I can't find any information on the support website. I have turned
    off all firewalls, antivirus and related services on my computer. No
    difference. I have also fooled with hardware accelleration. No difference. The
    program just crawls.
    What a disappointment. I never had this problem with version 1.

    sdrouillard Guest

  5. #5

    Yes, I find editing rather slow too, though that's not my main complaint. The
    worst is when the program quits unexpectedly -- with no warning -- and of
    course losing all the editing changes I've made. I guess this should be a
    new topic...

    robinia@eskimo.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hello sdrouillard,

    See if you are behind a proxy !!

    -Avinash
    > I like you am finding contribute painfully slow. I have tried
    > everything and nothing helps. I even posted to this forum and sent
    > email to customer support. I am also on broadband and have checked the
    > server that I am hosted on. It is to the point that I am considering
    > using other products.

    Avinash Rao Guest

  7. #7

    I routinely run Contribute on a PPC Mac, an Intel Mac, and an XP laptop
    (2.8MHz).

    On the PPC Mac, it's pretty darn slow. Part of this is probably due to the
    fact that the FTP engine Macromedia uses (appears to be the same as
    Dreamweaver's) is painfully slow, but the software itself is bloated and
    sluggish for the simplest tasks.

    On Intel-based Macs, Contribute runs under the Rosetta code interpreter. So
    there it's quite a bit slower than on PPC.

    On XP, though...it's not much faster. Crashes less often, but not much faster.

    So, yeah, this seems to be normal behavior.

    escoles_bcm Guest