Professional Web Applications Themes

contribute problem - access denied file may not existpermission problem - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

Recieving the following error message - "access denied file may not exist , or there could be a permission problem" this happened this morning , however other pcs can connect and work away no problem, no server changes have been made! any ideas thanks.......

  1. #1

    Default contribute problem - access denied file may not existpermission problem

    Recieving the following error message - "access denied file may not exist , or
    there could be a permission problem"

    this happened this morning , however other pcs can connect and work away no
    problem, no server changes have been made!

    any ideas thanks....

    Al1973 Guest

  2. #2

    are you using MAC OS? if you are you can refer to this tech note for the solution= )
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_18732[/url]
    jheycie Guest

  3. #3

    No I am afraid I use PC, Thanks though :)
    Al1973 Guest

  4. #4

    hmmm..it could be a permission issue,have you contacted your administrator
    about this?

    if you are the admin try pinging the server just to check if its working fine
    or try logging in to your ftp using a client just to make sure that the issue
    is not on your computer's configuration...

    i was able to find this tech note maybe it could help, also try checking if
    your proxy settings changed or your firewall configurations are conflicting
    with the connection.

    -jc
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_16592[/url]

    jheycie Guest

  5. #5

    I had this issue this morning, and it turned out that my user was logged into his PC with a different username than the one used when Contribute was installed. Something to check.
    dcmflood Guest

  6. #6

    thanks.....will try that, It appears to be specific to the user alright as I can FTP to server, and contribute works on the site on other pcs, and I have checked the obvious, usernames passwords etc..
    Al1973 Guest

  7. #7

    There are also drafts saved locally on the user's computer. If there's already
    a draft locally for this page, it may prevent editing that page in Contribute.

    Can the user edit pages other than the one they are trying? If so, could be a
    local drafts issue.

    Try deleting the location drafts, location depends on Contribute version.

    Rgds

    Lukaro

    Contribute 4
    Windows XP, 2000:
    C:\Doents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Adobe\Contribute 4
    Macintosh OS X:
    hard drive:Users:user:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Contribute 4

    Contribute 3.0
    Windows XP, 2000:
    C:\Doents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Macromedia\Contribute 3
    Windows 98 Second Edition: C:\Windows\Application Data\Macromedia\Contribute 3
    Macintosh OS X:
    hard drive:Users:user:Library:Application Support:Macromedia:Contribute 3

    lukaro Guest