Section Title

Section text goes here.
[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => dd06 [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Contribute Repeating Region Glitches - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Contribute Repeating Region Glitches - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm having a problem with Contribute Repeating Regions that I've not found dicussed/doented anywhere. This is NOT the problem doented [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/doents/repeat_region.htm[/url]. I've added the code below. Now, here's the problem. The MUI works perfectly in DW8. No issue whatsoever. In Contribute 3.1, the MUI appears, but is only partially functional. - The + button only shifts the cursor focus between editable regions within the repeating region. - The - button deletes a repeated section properly. - The up arrow shifts the focus to the previos repeated section - The down arrow shifts focus to the next repeated section The HTML ...

Default Contribute Repeating Region Glitches

I'm having a problem with Contribute Repeating Regions that I've not found
    dicussed/doented anywhere. This is NOT the problem doented
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/contribute/ts/doents/repeat_region.htm[/url].

I've added the code below. Now, here's the problem. The MUI works perfectly
    in DW8. No issue whatsoever. In Contribute 3.1, the MUI appears, but is only
    partially functional.

- The + button only shifts the cursor focus between editable regions within
    the repeating region.
    - The - button deletes a repeated section properly.
    - The up arrow shifts the focus to the previos repeated section
    - The down arrow shifts focus to the next repeated section

The HTML and CSS are valid. The structure is hybrid table/CSS, with a single
    table for main structure (header, sidebar, content), and semantic markup with
    DIV containers for everything else. This IS a nested template situation.

Is Contribute really this difficult to work with?

<!-- TemplateBeginRepeat name="Content Section" -->
    <div class="contentSection-container">
    <h3 class="contentSection-title"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Section
    Title" -->Section Title<!-- TemplateEndEditable --></h3>
    <div class="contentSection-text">
    <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="Section Text" -->
    Section text goes here.
    <!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- TemplateEndRepeat -->

dd06 Guest

Default Re: Contribute Repeating Region Glitches

Bump. Anyone having similar problems even?
    dd06 Guest

The problems you are describing seem fairly serious. I would describe the topic
    as "repeatable regions are broken". Surely if they were broken there would be
    other people with this problem?

I have experimented with repeatable regions, and they have allways worked fine
    for me, albeit with some rendering issues.

Are you certain that your issues are not a perception issue (ie: you're
    repeating your default regions, so they all look the same and it only APPEARS
    to be shifting focus instead of creating new regions?)

VVebbie Guest

Thanks for the reply, \/\/ebbie.

Surely if they were broken there would be other people with this problem?

I'd think so. Our company uses DW Templates almost to their breaking limit,
    often with 5 or more nested template generation. We've come across issues in
    the past that have been seemingly non-existant. Until we found it.

Are you certain that your issues are not a perception issue...

Yes. Guaranteed. This has been tested every which way... The problem is
    either a bug, or an enormous oversight on our part.

My thoughts are that Contribute's sub-par CSS rendering capabilities are
    playing a hand in this...

dd06 Guest

Yeah, I got the exact some problem.
    gjasonh Guest