Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute requires password after installing IE 7 - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

After installing IE 7, Contribute (3.11) now asks for a password when starting up. After a bit of experimenting, this turned out to match my regular windows password. Has anyone else had similar - or different - issues with IE 7 and Contribute? (I noticed a different post from someone who couldn't even start Contribute 4 with IE 7 installed)....

  1. #1

    Default Contribute requires password after installing IE 7

    After installing IE 7, Contribute (3.11) now asks for a password when starting
    up. After a bit of experimenting, this turned out to match my regular windows
    password. Has anyone else had similar - or different - issues with IE 7 and
    Contribute? (I noticed a different post from someone who couldn't even start
    Contribute 4 with IE 7 installed).

    SDennis Guest

  2. #2

    SDennis wrote:
    > After installing IE 7, Contribute (3.11) now asks for a password when starting
    > up. After a bit of experimenting, this turned out to match my regular windows
    > password. Has anyone else had similar - or different - issues with IE 7 and
    > Contribute? (I noticed a different post from someone who couldn't even start
    > Contribute 4 with IE 7 installed).

    CT 3.11 never asked me password after installing IE 7. Not sure, are you
    the administrator of the machine? i cant reproduce it. Any steps for me
    to find out if it is happening regularly on your machine that i can look
    for?
    Arun Kumar M Guest

  3. #3

    I have this - and its a serious problem. My computer is in a secure location at
    home and is physically locked away, so I don't have a windows password. I had
    already seen this problem with a friend's machine and he guessed the windows
    password was the answer, and it worked for him, but I can't do this because I
    don't have one! But that does mean there are at least two of us locally. I
    tried entering no password and this does not work either. I'm using contribute
    3.11 off a Studio 8 installation. I am the machine adminstrator/'owner'. Any
    clues?

    Nessfield Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: Nessfield
    I have this - and its a serious problem. My computer is in a secure location
    at home and is physically locked away, so I don't have a windows password. I
    had already seen this problem with a friend's machine and he guessed the
    windows password was the answer, and it worked for him, but I can't do this
    because I don't have one! But that does mean there are at least two of us
    locally. I tried entering no password and this does not work either. I'm using
    contribute 3.11 off a Studio 8 installation. I am the machine
    adminstrator/'owner'. Any clues?[/q]

    Have the same problem. Installed IE 7 and suddenly contribute is asking for a
    password to start up. I tried using my password that I usually use and that
    didn't work at all.

    chrisarnini Guest