Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute toolbar in outlook? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi all.. since upgrading to 4.1 (I think it is) now I have an extra Contribute toolbar in my Outlook messages when I open and read a message. I can temporarily remove it in that message, but the next message, it shows up again. How do I permanently disable this toolbar from showin up in my outlook messages?...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute toolbar in outlook?

    Hi all.. since upgrading to 4.1 (I think it is) now I have an extra
    Contribute toolbar in my Outlook messages when I open and read a message. I
    can temporarily remove it in that message, but the next message, it shows up
    again. How do I permanently disable this toolbar from showin up in my
    outlook messages?

    _adrian Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute toolbar in outlook?

    I have the same problem. I am furious that Adobe would insert code and
    toolbars in other programs without asking. I would have expected more from
    them. Now I'm having problems with Outlook, so I'm looking for info as well.

    RedSparkyBlue Guest

  3. #3

    If you are using Word as your email editor in Outlook this will occur, you can
    disable the Contribute toolbar by composing a new message, and then right
    clicking on the message menu bar > choose Customize> scroll to the bottom and
    uncheck Contribute.

    If you want to completely remove the MS Office Toolbar :

    If you already installed Contribute and want to uninstall the toolbar, do the
    following:
    Open the Windows control panel.
    Select the Add or Remove Programs option.
    Click Next.
    Select the Modify option.
    Select the features you want to uninstall, and click Next.
    Click Install.
    Click Finish to complete the installation process.
    Note: Close all Microsoft Office applications on your desktop before you
    uninstall the Office Toolbar - including Internet explorer.

    HangD Guest

  4. #4

    Thats part of the problem.. my Outlook is NOT configured ot use Word as the
    default editor..

    and when I manually go into the toolbar settings and de-select Contribute,
    it works for that email, but the next email i go to create or reply, its
    there again!!!

    _adrian Guest

  5. #5

    Did anyone find a solution to this problem. I am experiencing the same issues
    when I open any MS Office Product (word, excel, outlook). I attempted the
    add/remove program solution mentioned in a seperate posting but wasn't sure
    what to uninstall in Office. Any help is appreciated.

    dstanley_cc Guest

  6. #6

    This very "feature" is blocking my company from using Contribute. To
    intigrate itself with other programs without asking or a safe method for
    removal is quite unbelievable.

    "dstanley_cc" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Did anyone find a solution to this problem. I am experiencing the same
    > issues
    > when I open any MS Office Product (word, excel, outlook). I attempted the
    > add/remove program solution mentioned in a seperate posting but wasn't
    > sure
    > what to uninstall in Office. Any help is appreciated.

    xtra Guest

  7. #7

    You want to go through the following steps and modify Contribute only, not
    Microsoft Office. Below are the steps again and a link to a flash movie if you
    need to see the step by step wizard.

    When running the Contribute 4 installer you will be prompted to choose between
    the default installation which will include the toolbars for Internet Explorer
    and Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Office (if the software already exist on your
    system). To not select these options, you will need to customize your
    installation of Contribute 4.

    If you have already installed Contribute 4 and want to remove the installed
    toolbars, you are able to do this by following the following instructions:

    1. Go to Control Panel >>Add or Remove Programs dialog
    2. Locate and select Adobe Contribute 4 and click Change.
    3. When the Wizard appears, click Next.
    4. Select Modify and click Next again.
    5. Uncheck the plugins you want to remove and click Next. (Contribute toolbar
    for MS Office in your case)
    6. Click next and then click Install.

    The programs selected should now open up with the Contribute toolbar removed.

    **Click on the link below to view the movie, it will open in a new window.

    [url]http://adobets.typepad.com/contribute_4/customize_toolbars.swf[/url]

    HangD Guest

  8. #8

    HI,
    I have the Acorbat Connect icon on my toolbar in all my Office applications. I
    believed it was inadvertently installed during the process of installing
    Acrobat Pro 8. I have tried to follow the instructions in the last post.
    However I do not have "Contribute 4" as an installed program that can be modify
    or remove in my control panel/add or remove programs option. I only have
    Acrobat Pro 8 as the installed porgram.
    How do I go about getting rid of this irritating icon then.
    Thanks.

    block306 Guest

  9. #9

    I found this tip at [url]http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq11.asp[/url].

    To remove the Contribute plugin, close both Contribute and any Microsoft
    Office application. Browse to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS3.
    Rename officeplugin.dll to officeplugin.dllOLD. When you relaunch Word, the
    Contribute toolbar should be removed.

    To add the toolbar again in the future, remove OLD from the file name. Next,
    bring up the command.exe window and browse to the program's directory
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Contribute CS3\. Run the following command:
    regsvr32 officeplugin.dll

    It worked for me!

    fydo1974 Guest

  10. #10

    regsvr32 \u officeplugin.dll is for unregistering it
    To register the plugin again run
    regsvr32 officeplugin.dll

    Dominic Michael Guest

  11. #11

    If you want to completely remove the MS Office Toolbar :

    If you already installed Contribute and want to uninstall the toolbar, do the
    following:
    Open the Windows control panel.
    Select the Add or Remove Programs option.
    Click Next.
    Select the Modify option.
    Select the features you want to uninstall, and click Next.
    Click Install.
    Click Finish to complete the installation process.
    Note: Close all Microsoft Office applications on your desktop before you
    uninstall the Office Toolbar - including Internet explorer.
    I think it would be helpful, <a
    href="http://catwebsite.googlepages.com/index.htm">Other helpful information</a>

    xihuyihe Guest

  12. #12

    Contribute was installed as part of the whole CS3 Master Collection, and
    therefore none of the adobe products show up in the add/remove programs list,
    and therefore you cannot modify the install for an individual adobe product.

    I tried to unregister the officeplugin.dll like this:
    regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\adobe\adobe contribute cs3\officeplugin.dll"
    but I get an error that says it can't be unregistered.

    SOLUTION:
    I renamed the officeplugin.dll to officeplugin.dll.OLD and this SOLVED the
    problem (thanks fydo1974). The toolbar and menu no longer appear in Word or
    Excel .

    And just in case you need to make the toolbar active/available again, I
    confirmed that the following does work and will re-register the plugin. I'm
    using Win XP Pro, so from the command line, type:
    cd c:\windows\system32
    and then type:
    regsvr32 "c:\program files\adobe\adobe contribute cs3\officeplugin.dll"

    Now this still doesn't solve the problem of Adobe putting it there in the
    first place without asking!!! Where can we report this BUG to Adobe?

    I also wanted to get rid of the Adobe PDF and Acrobat Comment menus that
    appeared when Acrobat was installed. See this post if you need info on that:
    [url]http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c055772/9[/url]

    jshrek Guest

  13. #13

    Cheers jshrek, nice of you to take the time out of your day to help.

    Very much appreciated.
    webmastermarty Guest