In which the /Templates/something.dwt is the path to your site's Template. If that path is incorrect, the page will not be able to "read" the template properties from the .dwt file. If you are able to, edit that code (File / Edit Page in External Application should work), and point it to the Template file, which should be in the /Templates/ directory in your web site. You can use a relative URL, or I believe you can use an absolute URL, in which the root is the site root that you set in Contribute's admin settings. Good luck. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 0 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => kickstand [ip] => 128.148.237.31 [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 9 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Contribute "Unable to set template properties" - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion
Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute "Unable to set template properties" - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi, I set up a "master" template with an optional region, the control of which I passed through to a nested template. I added another optional region to this nested template (so 2 total, with 1 being "inherited" from the parent "master" template.) I created a page based upon this nested template, and using Dreamweaver, I'm able to modify the "template properties" (string params that set the ID of 2 different divs.) However, when I enter "edit" mode on the page in Contribute, the yellow notification bar says "Some ... blahblah ... are only editable through <a>template properties</a>" When I ...

Default Contribute "Unable to set template properties"

Hi,

I set up a "master" template with an optional region, the control of which I
    passed through to a nested template. I added another optional region to this
    nested template (so 2 total, with 1 being "inherited" from the parent "master"
    template.) I created a page based upon this nested template, and using
    Dreamweaver, I'm able to modify the "template properties" (string params that
    set the ID of 2 different divs.)

However, when I enter "edit" mode on the page in Contribute, the yellow
    notification bar says "Some ... blahblah ... are only editable through
    <a>template properties</a>" When I attempt to edit these template props by
    clicking on this link, Contribute throws a modal reading "Unable to set
    template properties."

Any similar experiences and/or work-arounds?

Thanks,

Ted

Ted Fitzpatrick Guest

Default Re: Contribute "Unable to set template properties"

I'm having the same problem and I am SO frustrated. I have a deadline and I'm afraid my client won't be able to use Contribute. This is bad.:brokenheart;:embarrassment;
    musicnotes Guest

I'm having the same problem and I am SO frustrated. I have a deadline and I'm afraid my client won't be able to use Contribute. This is bad.
    musicnotes Guest

Got it!

It seems that Contribute reacts case sensitive to the name of the template
    directory.
    I renamed the directory templates to Templates and reloaded the templates (New
    page > Refresh Templates).
    After that it worked.
    Maybe it helps!

PotikiLover Guest

Some of my contrubute users are getting this message but it is not consistent.
    My template folder has always been an uppercase T - Is anyone still having this
    problem or know of any other fixes I might try.

bulliegirl Guest

I had the same problem today - tried all sorts of things - the cure was saving
    the template as a different filename, then setting the .htm file to the new
    template. All better. Must be involved with rollback or other meta data.

Singular Guest

I've been having identical problems to those listed on this thread.

That is, the inability to manipulate template properties through Contribute on
    pages derived from nested templates. I det the error message "unable to set
    template properties" when I try to edit the page's tempalte properties.

I've tried all of the above solutions and none seem to work. Does anyone
    (Macromedia Support guys) have any suggestions?

Cheers!

Danielle

Infinity Guest

[q]Originally posted by: bulliegirl
    Some of my contrubute users are getting this message but it is not consistent.
    My template folder has always been an uppercase T - Is anyone still having
    this problem or know of any other fixes I might try.[/q]

If it's inconsistent, I know what the issue is. (If it always happens, I have
    no clue). For us, at least, when we sometimes get the error that the template
    properties can't be edited, it's because Contribute has "lost" its connection
    to the templates. Don't know why, but here's how to kick start it: Switch to
    browser mode > Click on New Page > Click on Refresh Templates > Cancel to get
    out of the new page dialog > Return to your draft. That always works for us.

abna Guest

I had this problem today and solved it.

At the top of the page's HTML code, there is a line of code:

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/something.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="false" -->

In which the /Templates/something.dwt is the path to your site's Template. If that path is incorrect, the page will not be able to "read" the template properties from the .dwt file.

If you are able to, edit that code (File / Edit Page in External Application should work), and point it to the Template file, which should be in the /Templates/ directory in your web site. You can use a relative URL, or I believe you can use an absolute URL, in which the root is the site root that you set in Contribute's admin settings.

Good luck.
    kickstand Guest