Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute will not work with IE 7 installed - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

We've installed on several servers (2003): the error message is always: the procedue entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL Reinstalls/removals and reinstalls of Contribute do not help. Looks like Microsoft just killed Contribute. Tom...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute will not work with IE 7 installed

    We've installed on several servers (2003): the error message is always:

    the procedue entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the
    dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

    Reinstalls/removals and reinstalls of Contribute do not help.

    Looks like Microsoft just killed Contribute.

    Tom

    tom of new york Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute will not work with IE 7 installed

    Hi,
    Search for the PSAPI.DLL in your C:\Program Files\adobe\Contribute 4
    folder, and rename it to PSAPI_old.DLL
    It shoud work after that.

    That how we got it to work on our 2003 server

    Good luck

    Khanh

    IamKDoan@gmail.com Guest

  3. #3

    see [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/fc6e9ff5[/url]

    1. Navigate to the Contribute installation folder at C:\Program
    Files\Macromedia\Contribute 3.
    2. Rename PSAPI.DLL to PSAPI.DLL_OLD.
    3. Restart your system and verify that you are now able to log into
    Contribute.

    stockholmsyndrome2006 Guest

  4. #4

    Actually we tried this (renaming the .dll and rebooting) - on Windows 2003 server - and it definitely did NOT work.

    But uninstalling IE 7 - and rebooting - did resolve the issue.

    tom of new york Guest

  5. #5

    Does Contribute 4.0 solve this problem?

    Kindest Regards,
    Rich
    RichWendrock Guest

  6. #6

    We currently are in the process of publishing a technote for this issue, and
    another solution is to manually copy the more recent psapi.dll file from your
    c:\windows\system32 folder and paste it in the Contribute program folder. Be
    sure to rename the original to old if you want to roll back the change.

    This will overwrite the older psapi.dll file that Contribute 3 and 4
    references (example: c:\program files\macromedia\Contribute 3 or c:\program
    files\adobe\contribute 4\).

    Since the psapi is referenced by other 3rd party software, you may want to run
    the Procesplorer from microsoft and verify which DLL is being processed by
    searching for DLL substring.

    HangD Guest

  7. #7

    I am glad this is being looked at as it has rendered Contribute useless at the
    Uni I work at, if it is not sorted soon the senior managers will press for
    another solution (the removal of IE7 is not an option sadly)

    UniWebDude Guest

  8. #8

    :grin;

    Replacing the Contribute .dll file with the system32 file fixes the problem. I've been searching forever for a workable solution - thanks so much!

    Kelli
    KelliMiller Guest

  9. #9

    This is strange... I upgraded my HP Zd8000 to IE 7.0 and Contribute 7.0 still works. I checked the PSAPI.DLL and it is still there.

    What's up with that?

    :confused;
    RichWendrock Guest

  10. #10

    I think if you had the Beta version of IE7 installed before the offical release of IE7 is where the problem is. I also instlaled IE7(non-beta) and haven't had this problem.
    JoeyTMann Guest