Professional Web Applications Themes

Contribute---worst product ever? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I give up. I got Adobe Contribute 4 for a Mac a few months ago. I already had Macromedia Contribute 3 for a PC. I never had any real trouble with Macromedia Contribute 3. Adobe Contribute 4 has been nothing but trouble. It hasn't just been ineffective---it's been harmful. I start it up, and it knocks the Mac AND the PC offline. This has happened over and over and over and over again. I talked with tech support---couldn't get help. I tried online support---couldn't get any help. They wondered if Contribute was the source of the problem. It was! I ...

  1. #1

    Default Contribute---worst product ever?

    I give up. I got Adobe Contribute 4 for a Mac a few months ago. I already had
    Macromedia Contribute 3 for a PC. I never had any real trouble with Macromedia
    Contribute 3. Adobe Contribute 4 has been nothing but trouble. It hasn't just
    been ineffective---it's been harmful. I start it up, and it knocks the Mac AND
    the PC offline. This has happened over and over and over and over again. I
    talked with tech support---couldn't get help. I tried online support---couldn't
    get any help. They wondered if Contribute was the source of the problem. It
    was! I would not use it for months---never a problem. I'd try it up, and the
    same thing would happen---the two computers would be knocked offline.

    Am I the only person who has had this problem?

    I didn't try Contribute for the Mac for about two months. I just tried it
    several minutes ago---guess what. Both computers were knocked offline. I have
    un-installed and re-installed Contribute a couple of times---didn't help. I
    have sent Adobe some cnet log of Contribute usage---haven't heard back. I just
    uninstalled Contribute again. Is there any reason I should re-install? Can I
    get a refund? :brokenheart;

    elprez1 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Contribute---worst product ever?

    elprez1 wrote:
    > I give up. I got Adobe Contribute 4 for a Mac a few months ago. I already had
    > Macromedia Contribute 3 for a PC. I never had any real trouble with Macromedia
    > Contribute 3. Adobe Contribute 4 has been nothing but trouble. It hasn't just
    > been ineffective---it's been harmful. I start it up, and it knocks the Mac AND
    > the PC offline. This has happened over and over and over and over again. I
    > talked with tech support---couldn't get help. I tried online support---couldn't
    > get any help. They wondered if Contribute was the source of the problem. It
    > was! I would not use it for months---never a problem. I'd try it up, and the
    > same thing would happen---the two computers would be knocked offline.
    >
    > Am I the only person who has had this problem?
    >
    > I didn't try Contribute for the Mac for about two months. I just tried it
    > several minutes ago---guess what. Both computers were knocked offline. I have
    > un-installed and re-installed Contribute a couple of times---didn't help. I
    > have sent Adobe some cnet log of Contribute usage---haven't heard back. I just
    > uninstalled Contribute again. Is there any reason I should re-install? Can I
    > get a refund? :brokenheart;

    Your problem looks very specific to me and not sure if your assumption
    is correct about contribute... probably we can boil it down if we can
    see why it is going wrong... with my experience, i can say CT 4 is far
    better than CT 3 or CT 3.11...

    Here you go...

    Go to your Mac... Delete all your site connections that you have made
    (do it if you remember your connection details it later again with
    proper details)

    /<User>/Application Support/Preferences/Contribute x Preferences?

    Remove it from that location and paste it to your desktop !!

    Try launching contribute now... I doubt this would be something related
    to when contribute tries to connect to your site.. This way you will not
    connect to your site when contribute is launched... hope we can narrow
    it down as to whether it is product issue or site issue !!
    Arun Kumar M Guest