Professional Web Applications Themes

Convert InDesign to Word - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hello, Is there any way to convert an InDesign file to a MS Word file? Thank you, Bob...

  1. #1

    Default Convert InDesign to Word

    bobindy@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Convert InDesign to Word

    You can export each story as RTF which can be opened by Word. The layout and graphics won't be transferred to Word, but the text formatting would be (to the extent that Word supports the text formatting features you've used).

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Great! thanks,

  4. #4

    but the text formatting would be (to the extent that Word supports the
    text formatting features you've used).

    Try exporting a story with a drop cap sometimes. You get one humungous letter!
    Stu_Bloom@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Try exporting a story with a drop cap sometimes. You get one humungous
    letter!

    There is a lot more than that but bobindy probably doesn't care.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Quite a bit remains the same when you just copy and paste from InDesign to Word. Lee Pierce
    Lee_Pierce@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Almost everything in an average doent does. Once you start getting into drop caps, nested styles and other things like that, that Word can not do, fugettaboudit.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Is there a plugin that extist to convert In Design to MS Word?
    nancy_fournier@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Is there a plugin that extist to convert In Design to MS Word?

    Not that I know of but you can click File>Export>Save as type: Rich Text Format and that will give you a doent you can edit in MS Word.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Thank Your Gabriel :)
    I already knew that information, but I thought there was a way to keep the format...

    So If you know another way just tell me please, and if not thank you for your answering :)

    Thank a lot :)
    nancy_fournier@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    There is no way, except the export as RTF. InDesign does not save to a lower InDesign version, so don't expect it to save as Word.

    Anyhow, Word is not able to handle the doents the same way as InDesign does, and is very problematic as a page layout software. If you ever tried to put some images in a Word file, you know what I mean.

    Lucien.
    Lucien_Schilling@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    There is also a script 'exportallstories' in the Adobe Studio Exchange section.
    Works fine to me, but you get a separate file for all stories.
    You should also slightly adapt it to use is with CS (was written for Indesign 2)
    phaedra@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    nancy fournier

    copy/paste
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    I have an ID file that I am trying to convert to Word then add text boxes in word. My work around is saving each page as a .jpeg and adding the jpeg to word, however that increases the file size drastically. Any advise on how to proceed to make a file that is 2MB in ID convert to a similar size in Word without decreasing the jpeg quality to where it is too pixelated. I currently have the file size down to 11MB, but that is reducing the ppi on the jpegs.
    Unregistered Guest

  15. #15

    My work around has been to save as jpeg and then add jpegs to the word doent since I always need to add editable text boxes to the Word file. however, it comes very problematic when you are trying to conserve file size. If there are any work arounds to conserve file size, I would appreciate and help.

    Thanks!
    judah is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

  16. #16

    Cool Re: Convert InDesign to Word

    Try to convert to pdf and from pdf to word for me work
    Unregistered Guest