Professional Web Applications Themes

Converting Grouped Text To Paths - Macromedia Freehand

OSX/Freehand MX I've encountered what could be a major problem for my department. While trying to convert 2 simple objects (text and an object), I wasn't able to convert the grouped objects to paths. While experimenting, I discovered that I cannot convert text that's grouped, to paths. However, I opened up a previously created doent, 'selected all in doent', and was able to convert all text to paths. However, when I cut and pasted a single box of grouped objects and text and pasted it into a new doent, I could not convert the grouped object to paths unless I ...

  1. #1

    Default Converting Grouped Text To Paths

    OSX/Freehand MX

    I've encountered what could be a major problem for my department. While trying to convert 2 simple objects (text and an object), I wasn't able to convert the grouped objects to paths. While experimenting, I discovered that I cannot convert text that's grouped, to paths. However, I opened up a previously created doent, 'selected all in doent', and was able to convert all text to paths. However, when I cut and pasted a single box of grouped objects and text and pasted it into a new doent, I could not convert the grouped object to paths unless I ungrouped every part of it.

    Is this a problem in Freehand MX.. coming from Freehand 8 to MX is a huge step and full of many changes that I'm learning.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks!

    bh_designer webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Converting Grouped Text To Paths

    object), I wasn't able to convert the grouped objects to paths. While
    experimenting, I discovered that I cannot convert text
    > Is this a problem in Freehand MX.. coming from Freehand 8 to MX is a huge
    step and full of many changes that I'm learning.

    It works a bit different in MX. (A bug they say, I don't.)

    1. You have to use subselect to select all objects in grouped object. Or
    double click 'Contents' in Object panel.

    2. Use search tool to select all text objets in douent.

    Then convert to paths just as in FH8.

    Jukka

    Armadillo Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your help. I grealty appreciate it!

    bh_designer webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    > 1. You have to use subselect to select all objects in grouped object. Or
    > double click 'Contents' in Object panel.
    > 2. Use search tool to select all text objets in douent.
    > Then convert to paths just as in FH8.
    Question for Macromedia: What was wrong with SELECT ALL > CONVERT TO PATHS?

    Ugh. How do 'features' like this get through user testing?

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  5. #5

    Maybe they think that if all the operations take twice as long, the world
    will need twice as many designers, and they'll sell twice as many copies.

    Just a theory...

    -Bill

    > Question for Macromedia: What was wrong with SELECT ALL > CONVERT TO
    > PATHS?
    >
    > Ugh. How do 'features' like this get through user testing?
    >
    > -Darrel

    Bill Guest

  6. #6

    darrel wrote:
    > Question for Macromedia: What was wrong with SELECT ALL > CONVERT TO PATHS?
    >
    > Ugh. How do 'features' like this get through user testing?
    It all depends on whether the powers that be actually listen to the beta
    testers... most often by the time the product hits beta the featureset
    and how they operate are set in stone, and they are only interested in bugs.

    Brian Pylant Guest