Joshua,

IMHO, freeware means "FREE" - use it for as long as you like without
contacting the publisher again for the key. Sure, they can ask for the
user info the first time and keep it in their record. However, I don't
see any point in making the user ask for another serial number every few
months. This means that once their user base grows, they can change
their, so called, 'Freeware' into 'shareware' and now you are stuck.
Quest is notorious for doing that and is simply wrong.

I would strongly recommend anyone not to use "Freeware" solutions from
Quest - they have put a hidden marketing spin on this term. If you need
any software from them, just pay for it and use it. At least you won't
have to ask for a serial number again and again.

MB