Professional Web Applications Themes

Copy folder using Net::FTP - PERL Beginners

I am new in PERL programming...I have one question to ask..How can i transfer a folder in 2 different machine using Net::FTP...Now, i can transfer a sigle file between 2 machine but i am still having problemm to transfer a folder using Net::FTP...Did anybony have any idea?....Please help me...... This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and ...

  1. #1

    Default Copy folder using Net::FTP

    I am new in PERL programming...I have one question to ask..How can i transfer a folder in 2 different machine using Net::FTP...Now, i can transfer a sigle file between 2 machine but i am still having problemm to transfer a folder using Net::FTP...Did anybony have any idea?....Please help me......

    unauthorized and may be illegal.
    Roime Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Copy folder using Net::FTP

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Roime bin Puniran wrote:

    Okay -- it's "Perl" for the language, "perl" for the program that runs
    programs written in the language, and "PERL" for nothing. In spite of
    what some of the docs jokingly say, "Perl" doesn't stand for anything,
    so it shouldn't be capitalized as if it's an acronym.

    Would making a tarball out of it be an option?

    That's the old-fashioned but proven way to send directories full of
    files around: make a tarball (`tar -cvf files.tar dir/`), send it to the
    remote machine, then unpack it (`tar -zxv files.tar`).

    If you're on Windows, a zip archive is roughly equivalent, but I'm not
    sure how that could be driven from Perl (I'm sure it could be done, I
    just don't know what way makes sense). On the other hand, Archive::Tar
    should be able to do it nicely:

    <http://search.cpan.org/~kane/Archive-Tar-1.10/lib/Archive/Tar.pm>

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for ur reply..Actually, i need to transfer a folder that continously updated. It's so difficult to tarball a directory first then send it through Net::FTP while the content of the directory always updated...I mean my problem is, i need to transfer a folder without tarball it first using Net::SFTP..I hope i make it clear...

    However, thanks Chris following ur advice

  4. #4

    net.my (Roime bin Puniran) wrote in message-id:
    <797EE728F2A2A24AB7A7FA2ADB6CE6B36F3831proliant 1>

    The program should first issue the appropriate MKD commands,
    then issue all of the appropriate STOR commands.

    $_@_.%_ Guest