Professional Web Applications Themes

Copying headers in OSX Mail - Mac Networking

[email]v1r0b1kdespammed.com[/email] writes: > to read and send e-mail using Plain Text and I have the selection chosen > to NOT display embedded images. Often, if I attempt to copy the headers, > the only portion copied is the "From:" line. If the original message is in HTML, Mail.app does not render it in plaintext no matter what you do. It has no such "render in plaintext" mode, nor, even, if the mail is multipart/alternative, will it let you prefer the plaintext over the HTML. Such is life with an app meant for the masses and not for real customization. You ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Copying headers in OSX Mail

    [email]v1r0b1kdespammed.com[/email] writes:
    > to read and send e-mail using Plain Text and I have the selection chosen
    > to NOT display embedded images. Often, if I attempt to copy the headers,
    > the only portion copied is the "From:" line.
    If the original message is in HTML, Mail.app does not
    render it in plaintext no matter what you do. It has
    no such "render in plaintext" mode, nor, even, if the
    mail is multipart/alternative, will it let you prefer
    the plaintext over the HTML. Such is life with an app
    meant for the masses and not for real customization.
    You can cycle through the alternatives (see View->Show
    menu), but it will always revert to showing the HTML
    next time you select another message.

    Nevertheless, yes, you can turn off rendering of _external_
    IMGs (not _inline_ ones).

    And if you want to see the full, raw source of an e-mail,
    also through the View menu. View->Show->Raw Source

    Do that, select the entirety of it and viola - there you go.

    No HTML in E-Mail! -- [url]http://www.expita.com/nomime.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting[/url]
    BreadWithSpam@fractious.net Guest

  2. #2

  3. #3

    >>to read and send e-mail using Plain Text and I have the selection chosen
    >>to NOT display embedded images. Often, if I attempt to copy the headers,
    >>the only portion copied is the "From:" line.
    >

    > If the original message is in HTML, Mail.app does not
    > render it in plaintext no matter what you do. It has
    > no such "render in plaintext" mode, nor, even, if the
    > mail is multipart/alternative, will it let you prefer
    > the plaintext over the HTML. Such is life with an app
    > meant for the masses and not for real customization.
    > You can cycle through the alternatives (see View->Show
    > menu), but it will always revert to showing the HTML
    > next time you select another message.
    >
    > Nevertheless, yes, you can turn off rendering of _external_
    > IMGs (not _inline_ ones).
    >
    > And if you want to see the full, raw source of an e-mail,
    > also through the View menu. View->Show->Raw Source
    >
    > Do that, select the entirety of it and viola - there you go.

    Or use the Spamcop-mail plugin... Just select all the junk you like to
    report to spamcop and select "Report Spam" from the Message-menu. Fast
    and easy, for more info check:
    [url]http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14753[/url]

    Jaco Schoonen Guest

  4. #4