Professional Web Applications Themes

copyWithZone: implementation - Mac Programming

jpa <be> wrote:   > ...  > > > > I definately agree with Stes on this issue. This newsgroup is about the > > objective-c language, not about some development program. Even the OP > > admitted this was an off-topic concept.[/ref] > > Uh. my bad. Couldn't figure out how to set follow-up correctly from > google.[/ref] OK, follow-up is set. Actually, I think the post was relevant to a higher percentage of this groups readers than the formally correct group... :) But my question is as follows: Is it hard to create your own palette in IB? ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: copyWithZone: implementation

    jpa <be> wrote:

    > > I definately agree with Stes on this issue. This newsgroup is about the
    > > objective-c language, not about some development program. Even the OP
    > > admitted this was an off-topic concept.[/ref]
    >
    > Uh. my bad. Couldn't figure out how to set follow-up correctly from
    > google.[/ref]

    OK, follow-up is set.

    Actually, I think the post was relevant to a higher percentage of this
    groups readers than the formally correct group... :)

    But my question is as follows: Is it hard to create your own palette in
    IB? Is there a any doentation on the issue, or do you have to
    experiment on your own?

    Per
    Per Guest

  2. #2

    Per Bull Holmen wrote:

    No, not very.

    There is an IB Palette project template in XCode, and several examples
    in /Developer/Example/InterfaceBuilder/

    -jcr
    John Guest

  3. #3

    com (Per Bull Holmen) wrote in message news:<1g7nggy.124d1ik1ocy618N%com>... [/ref]

    > > Uh. my bad. Couldn't figure out how to set follow-up correctly from
    > > google.[/ref]
    >
    > OK, follow-up is set.
    >
    > Actually, I think the post was relevant to a higher percentage of this
    > groups readers than the formally correct group... :)
    >
    > But my question is as follows: Is it hard to create your own palette in
    > IB? Is there a any doentation on the issue, or do you have to
    > experiment on your own?[/ref]

    I noticed a lack of certain formal doentation. I even remember
    finding an outdated file containing the obsolete

    -(const char *) getInspectorClassname

    method.

    Anyway, the XCode thingy has a "New IBPalette Project" that gets you
    on your way. It creates Foo, FooInspector and FooPalette [hm] files.

    In the grand scheme of things, here are a few handy tips:

    - apple says you should debug your objects before putting them on a
    palette. Makes sense, except you really WANT to leverage the test mode
    of Interface Builder to speed up your development. I guess this is not
    that important if your objects aren't interface objects.

    - Take care dragging your own objects from their palette to their own
    Inspectors. If you change the read/write (now encode/decode), you are
    ed. It doesn't really matter for the palette nib, cos you can
    specify your objects on it as CustomView and provide sane defaults.
    However, you may want to have an actual Control on the Inspector nib,
    so you can define a target/action method.

    If you DO drag your own objects unto their own inspectors, you will
    have to remove them before changing the read/write. Otherwise you
    might get stuck, and unable to open your own nib files. If you didn't
    use versioning control, you'll have to downgrade manually to be able
    to read the nibs again.

    Here are a few suggestions for apple:

    - add a "New IBPalette + Framework" template to XCode

    - allow, with confirmation from the user, to partially load nib files.

    - have better docs on how to build a palette.
    jpa Guest

  4. #4

    be (jpa) wrote in message

    A very reasonable explanation for that would be me having the original
    NeXT doentation on my harddisk. :-)
    jpa Guest