Professional Web Applications Themes

Corel 8 and Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Hi, I have Corel Draw 8.232 and whenever I try to convert a corel doc into a pdf using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, it only creates a small portion (btw i'm using Windows 2000 Pro). The whole of corel freezes, and I need to use ctrl + alt + delete and the task manager to shut down corel. Once this has been shut down, I get a message that says 'your doent has been created' but only a small part. I can create word, excel, etc doents without problems. I used to have an older version of adobe acrobat, and ...

  1. #1

    Default Corel 8 and Adobe

    Hi,
    I have Corel Draw 8.232 and whenever I try to convert a corel doc into a pdf using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0, it only creates a small portion (btw i'm using Windows 2000 Pro).
    The whole of corel freezes, and I need to use ctrl + alt + delete and the task manager to shut down corel. Once this has been shut down, I get a message that says 'your doent has been created' but only a small part.
    I can create word, excel, etc doents without problems.
    I used to have an older version of adobe acrobat, and that worked fine.
    Is this a clash between programs?? Is there an update i can use??
    Thanks for your help,
    Lena
    Lena_K@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Corel 8 and Adobe

    How exactly are you creating the PDF?

    If you are printing to the Adobe PDf printer straight to PDF then try printing to a PostScript and distilling that.

    Also, what do you mean by "it only creates a small portion"? Do you mean that it only prints one page, or a partial page or only some pages...?
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    You are using a highly unstable version of Draw 8. Even if it isn't causing
    the printing problem you should download the patch and update to version
    8.369 (Revision B):
    [url]ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/CorelDRAW/DRAW8Suite/update_to_build_369/DR8RevB.exe[/url]
    .. Unfortunately the file is 20 MB so you'll either need broadband or let it
    download overnight.

    There is also a revision C patch which isn't as critical but you might also
    look into downloading after installing the B patch:
    [url]ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/CorelDRAW/DRAW8Suite/update_to_build_433/CD8SP2EN.EXE[/url] .
    This patch is noly 5 MB. Here is a link to the folder indexes if you need to
    download install help info for the patches:
    [url]ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/CorelDRAW/DRAW8Suite/[/url] .

    Now back to the printing issue, I had a problem when upgrading from Acrobat
    4 to 5. CorelDraw 8 files would take much longer to print to Acrobat
    Distiller than they used to. This article solved the problem with Draw and
    Acrobat for me, even though it refers to this as being a fix for Corel
    Ventura: [url]http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00047.htm[/url] .

    mattmatt32@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Lena,

    I have the same configuration as you have except Corel 8.433. If I export to PDF it rarely works to my satisfaction. When I print to the Adobe PDF printer it takes a long time but eventually produces the desired result.

    When you Ctrl-Alt-Del and select the task manager, take a look at the performance tab. If you see activity of any kind while your hands are off the keyboard and mouse, Corel/Adobe are still chugging away. Be patient, I've had 3 page Corel docs take up to 60 minutes!

    HTH and I wish I had better news for you.

    Clark
    Clark_McDuell@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Everyone...
    thankyou all for your responses, but none of them helped!!
    > Jonathan H - it'll only create maybe an inch of the bottom. i'm only
    trying to print a one page doent.

    > mattmatt32 - i installed the first patch, and nothing worked!! the second
    patch made it all work again, but still no luck with printing pdfs :(

    > Clark McDuell - thanks for the tip - 60 minutes woah!! but when i go
    to the task manager, it says not responding for corel.

    know adobe isn't the problem as i can still create word, excel docs as normal.

    Is there anywhere where i can still download adobe acrobat 5?? maybe that will help.

    Thanks again,

  6. #6

    Lena,

    I understand your frustration and have been there myself. However, did you click on the performance tab? That tab gives you a real-time graphical representation of your CPU activity. What I was saying is that if you watch the activity under the performance tab you'll see that something is happening even though under the applications tab it may show "Not Responding."

    Anyway, my observations are not a solution for your situation. Good luck finding AA 5.

  7. #7

    The patches weren't intended to speed up printing.

    Did you try the solution that was described in this article:
    [url]http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00047.htm[/url] ?

    By the way I have version 5 of Acrobat and it was as slow as you described
    version 6 to be, until I changed the PPD using the advice in the article
    listed above.

    mattmatt32@adobeforums.com Guest