Professional Web Applications Themes

Corner Effect Question for Indesign - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hello, I was using the "Object Menu" "corner effects" which are really cool.....is there a place or a way to find or buy more? is there 3rd party stuff or a ad-on from adobe? i have looked everywhere...cause there is only like 5 in there. Any help would be great! Thank you Kevin...

  1. #1

    Default Corner Effect Question for Indesign

    tomjomsteve@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Corner Effect Question for Indesign

    What version of ID? There's a corner effects script that can do some
    pretty neat stuff. Check the goodies folder on your CD or the Adobe
    Studio Exchange.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  3. #3

    Hey thanks for the info.....it's the New CS2....i purchased the Download and didn't get the cd's...i did notice that there was 2 extras' files that i downloaded & installed, but nothing i can find to give me more or anything.

    Where can i look into the scripting your talking about if theres nothing in the studio exchange??

    Thanks

  4. #4

    Check the installation CDs. There's a ton of scripts there.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    Hey Bob THANKS AGAIN!! for the reply....i apologize for going over the same thing 5 times....but i "didn't get the cd's" i ordered the download from adobe's website. does that make a folder i can check somewhere? since i believe everything comes included the same if you order the cd's or just download it.....so do those scripts extract somwhere to a directory? on my pc after i run the archives i downloaded? i couldn't seem to find them

    am a newbie! sorry

  6. #6

    Kevin,

    Do a search for files with the extension .jsx That is the extension used by InDesign JavaScripts, so if you find any you'll be in the right part of your file system.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Check for a goodies folder.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  8. #8

    Man this is crazy.....there isn't any goodies folder...and a bunch of .jsx files showed up but their in common files and their mostly start-up stuff....nothing like a extra....was i supposed to get this stuff? cause you mentioned it to be on cd...Should i call adobe? cause i payed 1,200 for the download and seem to be missing stuff!!

  9. #9

    Are you saying you found the jsx files? If so put them in the
    presets\scripts folder.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  10. #10

    Careful Bob,

    There are a lot of behind the scenes .jsx files that should not be moved.

    Kevin,

    I would definitely call Adobe Customer Service to find out if you should have these files, and if not, why not!

  11. #11

    Good point. I had forgotten about them. But I don't think they'd cause
    any damage just sitting there. <Thinks to himself: would they?>

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  12. #12

    No, but the next time you started an application that needed its initialization script, you might have some ill-effects.

  13. #13

    I was thinking of the effect of just copying them from the installation
    folder to the scripts folder. Moving them from a system folder to the ID
    scripts folder would certainly cause problems.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  14. #14

    Actually, those scripts should not be re-run. They make assumptions about the state of the application and its variables. I recall trying this with ESTK and having weird problems at some point.

  15. #15

    Hey Dave....

    so these scripts should of came on the cd's when buying CS2?......like there is extra scripts that do text ad or corner effects. i don't seem to of gotten them..if you are aware of these and know there on the cd's i am calling adobe NOW!!!

    Thanks alot!!

  16. #16

    Yes, they're on the CDs (I have the suite, but the individual package comes with them too).

  17. #17

    For CS2, the sample scripts not under the "Goodies" folder. They're in Technical Information\InDesign CS2\Scripting\Adobe Sample Scripts on CD #4.
    Stu_Bloom_x@adobeforums.com Guest