Professional Web Applications Themes

Could not complete Export command because of a program error OSX - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm suddenly getting this message after trying to use the "Save for Web" option in Photoshop 7.0.1. I've done this a thousand times before with no problems. I tried to resave a file that I've previously exported for the web successfully, and it wouldn't work either. I tried following the FAQ instructions for dealing with this error in OS 9, but can't find my preferences folder for Photoshop with the new OSX structure! I am running a 1.25 GHz G4 with both OS9 and X installed, but basically run everything in X. Plenty of RAM - 1024 MB. The only ...

  1. #1

    Default Could not complete Export command because of a program error OSX

    I'm suddenly getting this message after trying to use the "Save for Web" option in Photoshop 7.0.1. I've done this a thousand times before with no problems. I tried to resave a file that I've previously exported for the web successfully, and it wouldn't work either. I tried following the FAQ instructions for dealing with this error in OS 9, but can't find my preferences folder for Photoshop with the new OSX structure!

    I am running a 1.25 GHz G4 with both OS9 and X installed, but basically run everything in X. Plenty of RAM - 1024 MB. The only weird thing that's happened lately was an unexpected power outage during a storm. That wiped out some of my preferences in my web browser, but that was the only effect I was aware of -- and this is the first time since that happened that I've tried this particular operation. Everything else in Photoshop seems to be working okay...

    Suggestions? Thanks in advance...
    Rhonda_Studer@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    How have you named your files, folders and drives?
    This can happen when you have used UNIX-unfriendly characters like slashes, commas, hyphens etc. in your names.
    Ann_Shelbourne@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Ann -- all my file names are alpha numeric, both the old ones and new. And I haven't made any changes to the type of files I've been working on (downloads from my digital camera) or how I've handled them. Like I said, I'm doing exactly the same thing I've done successfully several hundred (if not a thousand) times before. Which makes me feel like something somewhere has become corrupted in my software. Very strange and quite annoying!
    Rhonda_Studer@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Start by trashing your preferences files.

    Username > Library > Preferences folder >
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    also trash save for web prefs
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Trashing the web prefs worked. There were a ton of them in there! So thanks to Buko for the suggestion and Ramon for directions on how to get there!
    Rhonda_Studer@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    You're welcome, Rhonda. Glad you fixed your problem.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest