Professional Web Applications Themes

Could Not Complete The Requested Operation!! - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I have tried this before and no this doesnt work. Adobe support told me about this resolution and nope it doesnt work !!!...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Could Not Complete The Requested Operation!!

    Ahmed_Abbas@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    External font manager is needed when you have more than 150 fonts installed (or there abouts). Fonts take up system resources, even in XP.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I am having thsi problem too. It only happens the first time I open the application after a reboot. After that it works just fine. Has there been any updates to this issue?

    Ron Gilbert
    gilbert_Ron@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I also am having the exact same situation as gilbert Ron. i restart the comp. then run AICS, only to get the error. if i do a repair install, it works fine from then on.. that is, until i restart my comp.
    Lord_of_Obliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    is anyone going to help with this question? or are just supposed to sit in silence while waiting for the master to return....
    not much help if no one is helping, or cares.
    Lord_of_Obliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    just so you guys know this is a software isolated incident, and not a hardware(ie original software from cd) the exact same cd was used for my co-workers install. his works fine, and has. mine however continues to bug up in the way ive already described.
    Lord_of_Obliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    When you don't get a reply it is likely to be because no-one here can add anything to what has already been suggested,

    Remember, this is a User to User forum, not an arm of Adobe Technical Support...everyone here is jsu a user, just like you.
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    While i do realize that, i guess i just assumed (from experiences from other boards) that some of the regular people who offer up answers were programmers and the like, who know a bit about the ins-and-outs of software. specifically, adobe software. i guess if want a real answer with a technical question, i'll hafta figure it out for myself. thanks for the heads up, i guess.
    Lord_of_Obliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Lord:

    Thanks. Now go away to where the REAL experts are, huh...

    Bert
    B. Philippus Guest

  10. #10

    must be one of those real experts, as i have found the solution to mine and everyone else's who is having this problem, uh, problem. it has to do with your fonts. run a font fixer/validator/repairer, etc. and find the 'problem' fonts. remove them or get upgrades(must be legal versions), uninstall/reinstall CS, problem solved. no muss, no fuss. the proggy i used was called Font Agent. so, there :P
    Lord_of_Obliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    you're so special...
    B. Philippus Guest

  12. #12

    I tried the solution that Lord of Obliveon suggested, but it did not fix the issue. I found 4 corrupt fonts removed them and uninstalled and re-installed the CS and got the same error. STILL looking for a solution, but thanks for trying.

  13. #13

    you're right. guess im not so smart after all....
    mine worked for about a week. then bugged up again.
    still looking for the solution. it may just be a code issue. in which case, i have no idea how to fix it. and the only real solution is to patiently wait for the gurus at adobe to release an update to CS... like that'll ever happen.
    LordofObliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Hmmm. I'm having somewhat the same problem with some AI9 files. When I make changes and try to save them, I get the error message: "Can't Save The Illustration. Could Not Complete The Requested Operation." The files in question were created on another computer and moved over to this one. However, I had the same problem with them on my old computer. I've tried Save A Copy, I've tried to copy and paste them into a new doent, but I still get the same error message. This one has me stumped. The "Read Only" box is not checked in the properties dialog box, so what can the matter be? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks. Sharon
    Sharon_Russell@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    have new insight on this problem; noticed that when i first opened illustratorCS after a clean reboot, it would give me the error we're all familiar with.. but, (and this was due to momentary forgetfullness) about ten minutes later i tried it again, and it worked fine. i didn't reinstall the program, as i was used to doing, and i didn't even notice untill i went to save the design. so i took the next step in the scientific method; i tried to te the situation. it did the same thing- reboot clean, get error, wait a bit (probably till the comp had finished loading) try again, success. still have no idea what is causing it, but hey, i think im getting somewhere..
    LordofObliveon@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Well, the next day after writing the previous message, I booted up and tried it again. This time I was able to Save A Copy. Seems like as soon as I reported the problem it stopped. My car acts the same way when I take it to the mechanic. I've been experiencing these types of AI glitches for several months and haven't a clue what prompts this wayward behavior. Perhaps we'll never know. I'm not naive enough to think the problem is solved. These things can be very difficult to pinpoint. I'm just happy to have finally been able to edit and save the file.
    Sharon_Russell@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    This is a user-to-user site, as said before, so the helpers AND the "help-ee" should really leave the high horses outside the saloon, as we're all just trying to help each other out or we wouldn't be here. "Help me or i'll call you stupid" is just as bad as commenting with no help.

    Having said that, a friend recently had this exact same error message for a different reason: she'd recently messed around with the preferences, namely the scratch disk, and Illustrator is understandably touchy about something so close to its inner workings, so it cacked out. Reinstall and proper preferences -should- fix this, i will try to remember to post again when i know.

    TL;DR: Fonts and preferences are on the list of stuff that causes this. List may be huge. Stop ing with important stuff if you don't know what you're doing.
    Unregistered Guest

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a user-to-user site, as said before, so the helpers AND the "help-ee" should really leave the high horses outside the saloon, as we're all just trying to help each other out or we wouldn't be here. "Help me or i'll call you stupid" is just as bad as commenting with no help.

    Having said that, a friend recently had this exact same error message for a different reason: she'd recently messed around with the preferences, namely the scratch disk, and Illustrator is understandably touchy about something so close to its inner workings, so it cacked out. Reinstall and proper preferences -should- fix this, i will try to remember to post again when i know.

    TL;DR: Fonts and preferences are on the list of stuff that causes this. List may be huge. Stop ing with important stuff if you don't know what you're doing.
    I have found a solution that worked for myself.. No guarantees but I thought I'd share since my searches landed me here as well.

    My installation of Illustrator CS was CS5.5, on a windows 7 x64 box, so the following path will differ slightly if using XP.

    Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS5.1 Settings\

    In this directory there should be one sub-directory: 'en_US'

    Delete this folder, and run Illustrator. If you still have the parent folder open you will see the 'en_US' folder be re-created, and Illustrator should launch properly.

    Hope this helps someone else.
    bryan.geraghty Guest