Professional Web Applications Themes

Could not complete your request because of a program error. - Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator

I reinstalled Photoshop 7.01 & Photoshop Elements 2 following a complete reformat and reinstallation of Windows 98se and all applications. Now, on both applications, I get the subject error when attempting to use various tools following opening of an image file. I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled with nothing in the background other than Explorer. I also reinstalled Internet Explorer. And, of course, I reset settings. Nothing helped. Prior to the reformat/reinstallation (which was done for other reasons), both applications worked fine, Both programs are useless now... Any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default Could not complete your request because of a program error.

    I reinstalled Photoshop 7.01 & Photoshop Elements 2 following a complete reformat and reinstallation of Windows 98se and all applications. Now, on both applications, I get the subject error when attempting to use various tools following opening of an image file. I uninstalled both programs and reinstalled with nothing in the background other than Explorer. I also reinstalled Internet Explorer. And, of course, I reset settings. Nothing helped. Prior to the reformat/reinstallation (which was done for other reasons), both applications worked fine, Both programs are useless now... Any suggestions?
    jacksain Guest

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Try resetting your preferences per the procedure in the FAQ.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  4. #4

    Tried that, with both programs... no help.
    jacksain Guest

  5. #5

    Did you get a dialog box prompting you for resetting your preferences? I just want to be sure that you actually reset them.

    So if I got this right, PS (I don't know anything about PSE so I can't discuss it) loads fine. But when you open an image you get the error. Does it happen on any image or only some?
    YrbkMgr Guest

  6. #6

    Did you get a dialog box prompting you for resetting your preferences? I just want to be sure that you actually reset them.

    So if I got this right, PS (I don't know anything about PSE so I can't discuss it) loads fine. But when you open an image you get the error. Does it happen on any image or only some?

    I did a search of the Tech Support page and put in the above error message - it's worth a look.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  7. #7

    I think it has to do with the default post script printer driver - odd I know, but check the tech support database, it's listed there.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  8. #8

    Glad you got it sorted and thanks for reporting back.
    YrbkMgr Guest

  9. #9

    I don't quite understand the connection here, but I am relieved it's solved

    The connection is that some drivers (and I've seen this with a lot of HP drivers) leave the registers in an inconsistant state. That is they're poorly coded. Chris Cox has said the problem is alleviated by installing the PS driver because it's well behave and cleans up after itself (and other messy printer drivers). Or something like that...
    dave milbut Guest