Professional Web Applications Themes

Couple of contribute queries - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

We have been demo-ing contribute to one of our customers and they had a couple of queries which i was unable to answer so was just wondering if anyone out there could shine any light on the matters: - 1) When copying text from a word doc into contribute, it applys lots of styles to the text which do not want, we wopuld just like it to import the text without any styles at all. Now i know you can restrict the user to certain styles which helps but it still puts in some unecessary tags in. 2) Is it ...

  1. #1

    Default Couple of contribute queries

    We have been demo-ing contribute to one of our customers and they had a couple
    of queries which i was unable to answer so was just wondering if anyone out
    there could shine any light on the matters: -

    1) When copying text from a word doc into contribute, it applys lots of styles
    to the text which do not want, we wopuld just like it to import the text
    without any styles at all. Now i know you can restrict the user to certain
    styles which helps but it still puts in some unecessary tags in.

    2) Is it possible to paste in html code?

    3) Is it possbile to modify the meta info on each individual page?

    4) The customer is uses Novell Groupwise 6.5 for sending emails etc, is it
    possible to link this in with contribute so that when an editor has made an
    alteration they can email to publisher using novell?

    5) Is it possible for the administrator to lock users out. ie if a publisher
    leaves the company and we wanted to stop them from accessing the site, is it
    possible for them to be bloced?

    Think thats all for now, if anyone can help, that would be great.

    Thanks

    Martin

    bleasy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Couple of contribute queries

    My suggestion on the first question would be to copy and paste the test and use
    the "Paste Text Only" (Ctrl - Shift - V) option from the drop down Edit command.

    Concerning question #2) I'm not an expert on Contribute, but from what I have
    seen, you cannot paste html code.

    Concerning question #5) As an administrator of Contribute you can go to Edit
    / Administer Website then pick your website and then Remove the user from User
    and Roles window.

    gtackett Guest

  3. #3

    Q#2 - yes, you can paste html code. This question has been asked and answered
    several times - search the forums here to find the answer.

    Q#3 - you can modify the keywords and description meta fields - under the
    Format menu, click Keywords and Description.

    Q#4 - we also have GW 6.5. Yes, you can email a link to a draft.

    Q#5 - Removing the user won't keep them from reestablishing a connection, I
    think. But removing their role should keep them from returning. You can't do
    that if the user shares a role with other users, unless you create a new role
    for those remaining users and send out a new connection key. If everyone has
    their own individual FTP password, that's the easiest thing to handle - change
    the FTP password or delete their FTP account.

    christina.heikkila Guest

  4. #4

    Q#4 - we also have GW 6.5. Yes, you can email a link to a draft.

    Fancy givin us a clue?
    bleasy Guest

  5. #5

    What actually happens when linking to files on my computer certainly wasn't
    obvious to me. It seems linking to files on your computer actually create a
    link and copies the file to Contribute. If this is an html page then I'm
    assuming the end result is the same as copying actual code. Not sure if this
    in any way assists with answer #2 ....

    Some info I've read seems to suggest html pages cannot be linked from my
    computer. Perhaps that was an older version.

    Terry_B Guest