Professional Web Applications Themes

Crash when editing a Password Protected page - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I have an issue with a Mac user that is trying to edit a site I created. Some folders on this site are password protected ? meaning that pages on the site require user names and passwords to be entered for them to be viewed by web surfers. This user can log on and edit parts of the site that are not password protected but when he navigates to a folder that is, and chooses a page to edit, his computer locks up. Normally, when one of my PC users chooses a page to edit that requires a password, from ...

  1. #1

    Default Crash when editing a Password Protected page

    I have an issue with a Mac user that is trying to edit a site I created. Some
    folders on this site are password protected ? meaning that pages on the site
    require user names and passwords to be entered for them to be viewed by web
    surfers. This user can log on and edit parts of the site that are not password
    protected but when he navigates to a folder that is, and chooses a page to
    edit, his computer locks up. Normally, when one of my PC users chooses a page
    to edit that requires a password, from within CT, they are presented the
    security window and prompted to enter the info. Once entered, CT allows assess
    to the page for editing as normal.
    Anyone know why the Mac is locking up when this user tries to edit a page with
    a password?

    This user can ?surf? the site with their version of Safari or Firefox and
    view password protected pages ? just not from within CT

    We are using CT CS4

    Slance Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Crash when editing a Password Protected page

    Hi,
    Are you hitting this problem, while browsing to the password protected site
    through Remote File Browser, by Clicking the Choose button in the top right
    side? Did you tried directly browsing to the password protected site directly
    in the Contribute Browser?
    Thanks.

    Dominic Michael Guest

  3. #3

    The error occurs when they use the choose button. And, that is currently the
    only way to get access to those pages since all of the password protected pages
    do not have direct links. These page links are sent out via email ( with un and
    pw info ) so clients can get direct access.
    I do not know if he has tried typing the url directly in the address bar ( can
    that even be done ?)
    The only thing else I've learned is that he is running OS 10.4.11.
    Thanks for responding.

    Slance Guest