#GetElement.Title#

#GetElement.copy#

How about using CFFILE to stream HTML content into a file with the extension ..doc? That may well do it as Word understands HTML pretty well... [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => town [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 5 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> create a Microsoft .doc dynamically using Coldfusion - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

create a Microsoft .doc dynamically using Coldfusion - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

The technically sophisticated management wants me to dynamically create .doc. (Yes I know it easy to do with in a .pdf format). Any suggestions on how to do this. I have done something similar with .xls in VBA(the horror), however never with a Word 2003 .doc....

Default create a Microsoft .doc dynamically using Coldfusion

The technically sophisticated management wants me to dynamically create .doc.
    (Yes I know it easy to do with in a .pdf format).

Any suggestions on how to do this. I have done something similar with .xls in
    VBA(the horror), however never with a Word 2003 .doc.

SilentBob'secretfusion Guest

Default Re: create a Microsoft .doc dynamically using Coldfusion

Hi

If you are writing the content to the Client browser then you could use the cfcontent and specify the type in that tag.
    i think it will works fine.

thanks
    vkunirs Guest

Thanks for the feed back. They want it written to a .doc file and saved. Is this possible?

SilentBob'secretfusion Guest

I have been generating .rtf's, and returning it to the browser with content type of word, and extension of .doc and word open the files fine. I use xml+xslt to generate rtfs
    aliso Guest

Here's the code i've used in the past, this is outputting to the browser for
    download though, not saving direct to disk on the server.

<!--- Output the content as MS Word and force the browser to download rather
    than display inline --->
    <cfheader name="Content-Type" value="unknown">
    <cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="attachment;
    filename=#Left(URLEncodedFormat(GetElement.Title), 32)#.doc">
    <cfcontent type="application/vnd.ms-word">

<CFOUTPUT>
    <html>
    <head>
    <style type='text/css'>
    p,td,ul,li {font-family: arial; helvetica; font-size: 12px}
    h1 {font-family: arial; helvetica; font-size: 16px;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <h1>#GetElement.Title#</h1>
    <p>#GetElement.copy#</p>
    </body>
    </html>
    </CFOUTPUT>

How about using CFFILE to stream HTML content into a file with the extension
    ..doc? That may well do it as Word understands HTML pretty well...

town Guest