Format-->Template Properties-->Apply-->OK-->Publish). As a rule, your menu/navigation should be laid out in the template prior to using the template to create new pages (not exactly sure what you mean by "sub pages"). In other words, your template navigation/menu determines the main navigation you want available on EVERY page you create with the template. If you then create a new page in Contribute using the template, you're free to create links (in the editable regions) to any page you want (existing or new), including pages that are already linked-to in the menu. Hope this helps! [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => redbarron [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> create new sub-menu item....how??? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

create new sub-menu item....how??? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi, I have a site created with Dreamweaver templates. I can create a new page from a template but i want to make the page a sub-menu page. For instance i have an 'about us' page and from this 'about us' page i want to create a sub page. None os these areas have been locked but i can't find a way to do it. Is it possible? am i missing something? Any tutorials anywhere? Thanks for any help J...

Default create new sub-menu item....how???

Hi,

I have a site created with Dreamweaver templates.
    I can create a new page from a template but i want to make the page a sub-menu
    page.
    For instance i have an 'about us' page and from this 'about us' page i want to
    create a sub page. None os these areas have been locked but i can't find a way
    to do it.
    Is it possible?
    am i missing something?
    Any tutorials anywhere?

Thanks for any help

J

bradfordcity Guest

Default Re: create new sub-menu item....how???

You'll probably want to make any menu changes (since the menu may be an element
    that is present on all your pages...hence the use of a template) in the
    non-editable regions in Dreamweaver, then uploade the template and do a
    template update in Contribute (Edit-->Format-->Template
    Properties-->Apply-->OK-->Publish).

As a rule, your menu/navigation should be laid out in the template prior to
    using the template to create new pages (not exactly sure what you mean by "sub
    pages"). In other words, your template navigation/menu determines the main
    navigation you want available on EVERY page you create with the template. If
    you then create a new page in Contribute using the template, you're free to
    create links (in the editable regions) to any page you want (existing or new),
    including pages that are already linked-to in the menu.

Hope this helps!

redbarron Guest

Default Re: create new sub-menu item....how???

I am trying to keep my navagation (which is on all pages of my website) the
    same but add drop down to new web pages - is this about the same concept? Or
    should I be looking at inserting tables with links? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

DanaHaugh Guest