Hello,

I am trying to organize videos by date and category. I want it to look like
this:

June 9th 2004

Animals
-funny cat on roof
- dog eats ice cream
General Humor
-man goes sledding
-another example here
Music Video
-music video 1
-music video 2

June 10th 2004

General Humor
-funny guy
Music Video
-music video 1

basically every time i upload a video, i want it to go under that days date
then go under that category, and if there are none for thatcategory, dont even
display "General Humor" etc..

<cfquery name="Getvideolist" datasource="*******" username="*******"
password="*******">
SELECT *
FROM Videos
where approval=1
ORDER BY date DESC
</cfquery>

<cfset MaxRows_Getvideolist=20>
<cfset
StartRow_Getvideolist=Min((PageNum_Getvideolist-1)*MaxRows_Getvideolist+1,Max(Ge
tvideolist.RecordCount,1))>
<cfset
EndRow_Getvideolist=Min(StartRow_Getvideolist+MaxR ows_Getvideolist-1,Getvideolis
t.RecordCount)>
<cfset
TotalPages_Getvideolist=Ceiling(Getvideolist.Recor dCount/MaxRows_Getvideolist)>

<cfoutput
query="Getvideolist" startRow="#StartRow_Getvideolist#"
maxRows="#MaxRows_Getvideolist#">
<cfquery
name="Getvideolistcat" datasource="*******" username="*******"
password="*******">
SELECT *
FROM Videos
where approval=1 and date='#Getvideolist.date#' and
category='#Getvideolist.category#'
ORDER BY category ASC
</cfquery>

class="style7">#Getvideolist.date#</span></td>

<li><a
href="showvideo.cfm?id=#Getvideolist.id#">#Getvide olist.Description#</a></li>
</ul></td>

</cfoutput>

that is my code as of right now, and it it looping it and displaying the dates
but it is doing it individually

here is the link to view the current output:
[url]http://www.shockworthy.com/videos.cfm[/url]

as you can see it display the videos, however, it does not organize them
accordingly, "sports" do not fall under one sports title and the dates are
displayed for each video...any ideas?

thanks

mark