Professional Web Applications Themes

creating a pdf in freehand - Macromedia Freehand

We have upgraded to Windows 2000 and now are unable to go to linotronic and then from linotronic to distiller to create a PDF to send our work to the printer for publication. I then decided to work around this issue and was able to print to distiller which then created a pdf. My computer then crashed and i have not been able to create any PDFs, besides exporting as a pdf, from Freehand. Does anyone know of any way around this. Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default creating a pdf in freehand

    maddie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: creating a pdf in freehand

    > We have upgraded to Windows 2000 and now are unable to go to linotronic
    and then from linotronic to distiller to create a PDF to send our work to
    the printer for publication. I then decided to work around this issue and
    was able to print to distiller which then created a pdf. My computer then
    crashed and i have not been able to create any PDFs, besides exporting as a
    pdf, from Freehand. Does anyone know of any way around this. Thanks

    Have you upgraded to Win 2000 by installing over previous version? That
    alone can cause crashes - no matter what Microsoft says. To my experience
    any version of Windows must be installed on a just formatted hard disk.

    - If you have used Distiller as a printer try first printing to a file and
    then distilling it.

    - Are you sure Distiller crashes? Check the log file. With Press settings
    Distiller flushes a job if all necessary fonts are not found. Usually
    Helvetica which is used in separation names etc. Copying Helvetica to
    Acrobat's font folder will fix that.

    - Get all the available updates, Windows, Acrobat, Freehand.

    - If Windows 2000 is installed over previous version try uninstalling and
    reinstalling both FreeHand and Acrobat.

    - Whatever you do DON'T send PDF files created with FH's PDF export to the
    printer.

    Jukka

    Armadillo Guest

  3. #3

    "maddie" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > unable to go to
    > linotronic and then from linotronic to distiller
    Please explain what this means. Are you printing to file using the Lino
    PPD? Or something else?

    Brian Pylant Guest

  4. #4

    yes i am printing from freehand to file through the linotronic PPD. And i am getting a helvetica error "font not found" although i was not until my machine crashed. I have not been able to go to the linotronic since the upgrade i get no extension choices. Therefore, i started trying different ways and found that I "could" go from print to distiller through Freehand8 and then a pdf "was" automatically created on the desktop. I am now trying to find a helvetica font for my PC, but i am not clear as to why it worked once!?

    maddie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    "Usually Helvetica which is used in separation names etc. Copying Helvetica to
    Acrobat's font folder will fix that."

    I am a bit confused, I am on a PC and have no helvetica. More confusing is why did it work before my machine crashed. But.... is there a way to work around this? Thanks much.

    maddie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    > I am a bit confused, I am on a PC and have no helvetica. More confusing is
    why did it work before my machine crashed. But.... is there a way to work
    around this? Thanks much.

    I'm not sure if it is Helvetica in your computer. Missing fonts are reported
    in the log file.

    Jukka

    Armadillo Guest

  7. #7

    Yes, it is helvetica that is stated as a font missing error in the log file.

    Thanks

    maddie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest