Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating a PDF with particular settings for RIP - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi all- Here's my deal: I created an annual report in ID CS for the PC. My printer can't open it and asked that I create a PDF. He asked that I not use the export presets in ID but rather print to distiller using specific setting he gave me that would ensure a good RIP. So, I went into distiller, made the changes and saved it as a new setting (BE_press). I opened my ID file and went to file, print, Adobe PDF (under printer), but the BE_Press is not available. Am I missing something? I'm waiting to hear ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating a PDF with particular settings for RIP

    Hi all-

    Here's my deal: I created an annual report in ID CS for the PC. My printer can't open it and asked that I create a PDF. He asked that I not use the export presets in ID but rather print to distiller using specific setting he gave me that would ensure a good RIP.

    So, I went into distiller, made the changes and saved it as a new setting (BE_press). I opened my ID file and went to file, print, Adobe PDF (under printer), but the BE_Press is not available. Am I missing something? I'm waiting to hear back from their prepress guy but he is out of town and really need to get this file on the way.

    Greatly appreciate any help!
    Rick
    Rick_Arnaud@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Once you are in the print dialog, select "Adobe PDF" as the printer".
    Then click the "Setup..." button, select the "Adobe PDF" printer in the
    Windows "Print" dialog box that appears, click the "Preferences"
    button, and then select your job options from the "Default Settings"
    menu in the "Adobe PDF Settings" tab.
    Guy_Smiley@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    BE_Press?

    What's that?

    Maybe you set something up in the InDesign that isn't set up in Acrobat Distiller.

    Someone once told me that the settings for Distiller are different from those used with the Export function.

    What you need to do is go to the Control Panel>Printers Faxes>right click on Acrobat Distiller>Properties>General tab>printing preferences>Adobe PDF Settings>Edit Conversion settings.

    Change the settings to what you like there, save your settings and you should be good to go next time you try to File>Print>Acrobat Distiller.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi-

    Gabriel, the BE_Press was just the name of the settings that I created (like ebook, press, etc...) and I was told not to use the Export function in Indesign so I made a preset (BE_press, based on their specs) in Distiller.

    Guy-
    Thanks, that did the trick. I'm just waiting back to hear about how to set up the printer marks.

    These forums are the best-
    Thanks guys
    Rick_Arnaud@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I'm just waiting back to hear about how to set up the printer marks.

    If you mean how to print them, you can do that in the Print Dialog. Just check the options under Marks and Bleeds in the print dialog.
    There should be a list on the left that says:

    General
    Setup
    Marks and Bleed
    Output
    Graphics
    Color Management
    Summary

    HTH
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi there-

    I know how to add them, just not sure what ones they want, but I assume I'll just click all Printers Marks.

    Thanks
    Rick_Arnaud@adobeforums.com Guest