I'm working on a project where I've got a ColdFusion website with it's own CF
files and database. I need to communicate to a seperate server that's running a
Java program that communicates to the database. This Java program actually has
logic that I need to leverage such as customer pricing.

I'm thinking that I need to create a web service of sorts. Something like a
custom tag that I can call the tag and ask for what I want. The tag will call
the other server and go retrieve the information I need.

For example:
If I need something simple like Company Name, Address, Phone Number...

How do I create this web service? Are there any good examples out there?

Thanks,
Michael