Professional Web Applications Themes

creating a webpage - Macromedia Freehand

can anyone please help me? i've created a webpage with free hand, now how do i open it in dream weaver? please help!!...

  1. #1

    Default creating a webpage

    can anyone please help me? i've created a webpage with free hand, now how do i open it in dream weaver? please help!!

    laylaaaa webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: creating a webpage

    > can anyone please help me? i've created a webpage with free hand, now how
    do i open it in dream weaver? please help!!

    File > Open (I guess)

    You are better off if you create web pages in Dreamweaver and just import
    graphics as jpg, gif, png, swf...

    Jukka

    Armadillo Guest

  3. #3

    > You are better off if you create web pages in Dreamweaver and just import
    > graphics as jpg, gif, png, swf...
    >
    > Jukka

    Jukka is correct in that you have many more options and tools to work with
    in the creation of web pages, but if you want to do it in FH, then after
    your pages are complete, go to File>Publish as HTML. The HTML Output dialog
    box opens and you can select a few options such as which browser you want to
    preview the pages in, and in the Setup section you can decide how you want
    graphics to be displayed (Vector art and bitmaps as SWF, JPG, GIF and so
    on). It also lets you choose whether to have the page displayed as layers or
    in tables. If itıs all too much for you, you can click the Assistant button
    (on a Mac, itıs probably Wizard on PCs). This option takes you through all
    the setups with helpful information about what youıre doing.

    Finally, click the Save as HTML button. If youıve left things generally in a
    default state, a dialog box will appear that lists any problems your site
    may have, such as overlapping elements. A folder will be created (mine shows
    up on the Desktop, but I think thereıs a preference you can set for the
    folder location). Inside the folder will be a page for every page youıve
    designed, and a folder full of images. Naturally, if youıve created
    everything in vectors and donıt have any bitmaps that youıve imported, that
    folder will be empty. FreeHand names each page - whatever you do, donıt
    change those names.

    Now, open Dreamweaver and either use File>Open to get to the first page of
    your web site, or drag and drop one of the pages onto the Dreamweaver app
    icon.

    If you donıt have much experience in HTML - or in Dreamweaver for that
    matter - a simple site isnıt that hard to set up in FreeHand. You donıt have
    to know much HTML, and the Action tool makes it pretty easy to set up simple
    links. But if youıre serious about your site, youıll want to advance to
    Dreamweaver where the real work can be done.

    Ron

    Ron Rockwell Guest