Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating button for page printing - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Well the title is pretty much self explanatory, lol, I would like to give my users the option to print out the pages on the site. The site is a recipe/cooking based site with images and interactive cookbook; some people just want the one recipe and I haven't got the foggiest idea how to or where to get the code to do this. I have the site saved as a pdf for download but it is 410 pages, not sensible to print the whole thing if there are 3 recipes you want! Could someone help or direct me on how ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating button for page printing

    Well the title is pretty much self explanatory, lol, I would like to give my
    users the option to print out the pages on the site. The site is a
    recipe/cooking based site with images and interactive cookbook; some people
    just want the one recipe and I haven't got the foggiest idea how to or where to
    get the code to do this. I have the site saved as a pdf for download but it is
    410 pages, not sensible to print the whole thing if there are 3 recipes you
    want!
    Could someone help or direct me on how to do this, all I know is that it is a
    form with the button image and thats it.

    Thanks

    NAPPC Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating button for page printing

    They select a recipe, display it in a page, and then the user selects Print
    from the File menu... pretty standard browser capability... so why re-invent
    the wheel?

    "NAPPC" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Well the title is pretty much self explanatory, lol, I would like to give
    > my
    > users the option to print out the pages on the site. The site is a
    > recipe/cooking based site with images and interactive cookbook; some
    > people
    > just want the one recipe and I haven't got the foggiest idea how to or
    > where to
    > get the code to do this. I have the site saved as a pdf for download but
    > it is
    > 410 pages, not sensible to print the whole thing if there are 3 recipes
    > you
    > want!
    > Could someone help or direct me on how to do this, all I know is that it
    > is a
    > form with the button image and thats it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Pia Ala Mode Guest

  3. #3

    WHile I agree with Pie that everyone is familiar with how to print pages, if
    you really want to do this, you need to consider that programmatic prints
    fail without error in Mac IE5x.

    Put this in the head of the doent -

    <script type="text/javascript">
    function print_page(where){
    var is_mac=(navigator.platform.indexOf("ac") != -1);
    (doent.all && is_mac)?
    alert("Select \"Print\" from the menu") : where? where.window.print() :
    window.print();
    }
    </script>

    Put this in the body of the doent -

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "NAPPC" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Well the title is pretty much self explanatory, lol, I would like to give
    > my
    > users the option to print out the pages on the site. The site is a
    > recipe/cooking based site with images and interactive cookbook; some
    > people
    > just want the one recipe and I haven't got the foggiest idea how to or
    > where to
    > get the code to do this. I have the site saved as a pdf for download but
    > it is
    > 410 pages, not sensible to print the whole thing if there are 3 recipes
    > you
    > want!
    > Could someone help or direct me on how to do this, all I know is that it
    > is a
    > form with the button image and thats it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Murray *TMM* Guest