Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating connections for host header sites - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

We have several different clients sites set up on the same IP address using host headers. e.g both clinet1.com and client2.com use the same ip address. After I create a connection to client1.com, contribute will not allow me to create a connection to client2.com, sating I already have a connection to it. if I remove the connection to client1.com, I can create a connection to cleint2.com. Either connection will work correctly, but I have to remove the one before loading/creating using the other one. This is a fairly standard way of hosting sites. How can I get contribute to allow ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating connections for host header sites

    We have several different clients sites set up on the same IP address using
    host headers. e.g both clinet1.com and client2.com use the same ip address.
    After I create a connection to client1.com, contribute will not allow me to
    create a connection to client2.com, sating I already have a connection to it.

    if I remove the connection to client1.com, I can create a connection to
    cleint2.com. Either connection will work correctly, but I have to remove the
    one before loading/creating using the other one.

    This is a fairly standard way of hosting sites. How can I get contribute to
    allow me to create new connections to sites without requiring me to remove any
    exisint sites? I am using version 3.1

    thanks in advance

    Roy Plum

    rplum@urbanstyle.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating connections for host header sites

    I am having the same problem with Contribute 2.0 with virtual hosts on a
    Linux/Apache server, with each virtual host being on the same physical server.
    I can create the first site ok in Contribute, but when I attempt to add the
    second site, I receive this error message:
    [url]http://site2.rmtc.com[/url] is already being used by connection "SITE1" which points
    to [url]http://site1.rmtc.com/[/url] Please enter a different web address.

    Contribute must be accessing our DNS and sees that both virtual hosts site1
    and site2 use the same FTP server name of rmtcweb-prod.rmtc.com. We have lots
    of different web groups that are planning to use Contribute to edit their
    websites, but all of these websites are on the same server, with different
    virtual host names. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

    BTW, we can configure these sites just fine in Dreamweaver, but we did have
    browsing problems with ColdFusion/Rich Forms and Virtual Hosts, until we put in
    soft links to a ColdFusion CFIDE directory. It appears that Macromedia hasn't
    thought of virtual hosts for both ColdFusion and Contribute.

    PikesPeakPam Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same exact problem on Contibute 3.1. We run Solaris with Apache 1.3 and Apache 2.0
    Scuba2deth Guest