Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating Data Entry Form - Microsoft Access

What sort of code would I have to use to create a form used strictly for data entry? I don't have any sort of user controls or workgroup information or anything like that because i don't want to have to teach everyone in the corporation how to login, or collect that many passwords. Would I use VBA? or is there a special type of form I don't know about? Any response is greatly appreciated. Ben Moore...

  1. #1

    Default Creating Data Entry Form

    What sort of code would I have to use to create a form used strictly for data entry? I don't have any sort of user controls or workgroup information or anything like that because i don't want to have to teach everyone in the corporation how to login, or collect that many passwords. Would I use VBA? or is there a special type of form I don't know about?

    Any response is greatly appreciated.

    Ben Moore
    BEN MOORE Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating Data Entry Form

    In the VB window put in DataEntry = True for the form load
    "BEN MOORE" <bentormented.org> wrote in message
    > What sort of code would I have to use to create a form used strictly for
    data entry? I don't have any sort of user controls or workgroup information
    or anything like that because i don't want to have to teach everyone in the
    corporation how to login, or collect that many passwords. Would I use VBA?
    or is there a special type of form I don't know about?

    > Any response is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Ben Moore

    Tom Guest

  3. #3

    Ok... All I want the user of the form to be able to do is to add entries, not be able to view other records in the table, how could i do that?
    BEN MOORE Guest

  4. #4

    Go into the Forms Properties. There's all sorts of options
    you can set that allows a Form to be used for Data Entry
    only (e.g., Allow Edits, Deletions, Data Entry, Full
    Menus, Shortcut Menus, Record Selections, Navigation
    Buttons, etc.).

    It took me a while of playing with these options to create
    a great Data Entry form. I just set it up so that the Form
    is the only thing that comes up when the user opens the
    database from the Shortcut. NOTE: You, as the ADMIN
    person, can open it by holding down the Shift key when you
    open the database.

    You can remove the menus, nav bar, etc. It works great!

    Diana Minks Guest

  5. #5

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:13:00 -0500, BEN MOORE<bentormented.org> wrote:
    >What sort of code would I have to use to create a form used strictly for data entry? I don't have any sort of user controls or workgroup information or anything like that because i don't want to have to teach everyone in the corporation how to login, or collect that many passwords. Would I use VBA? or is there a special type of form I don't know about?
    It's simpler than that.

    Open the Form in design view; view its Properties. Set the DataEntry
    property to True. Save the form.

    John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
    [url]http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public[/url]
    John Vinson Guest

  6. #6

    : Ok... All I want the user of the form to be able to do is
    : to add entries, not be able to view other records in the
    : table, how could i do that?

    An option which you could use would be to just use the form
    wizard to make the form and lay it out as you want. Create
    a switchboard and have it open your form in add mode. You
    could even set the properties of the table and form to
    hidden just to make it appear more secure.

    Mike

    Mike Mueller Guest