Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating image rollovers in Contribute 3 - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

One of my clients is using Contribute 3 to manage content on their site. They need to use links tied to images with rollovers. Is there a way to create a rollover link image within Contribute 3 or will that require DW? Thanks, -Kenny...

  1. #1

    Default Creating image rollovers in Contribute 3

    One of my clients is using Contribute 3 to manage content on their site. They
    need to use links tied to images with rollovers. Is there a way to create a
    rollover link image within Contribute 3 or will that require DW?

    Thanks,

    -Kenny

    Kennyf Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating image rollovers in Contribute 3

    I've been trying to do the exact same thing without any success. Why does
    Contribute not give the option to insert rollover images as it does with
    Dreamweaver? Is there an Extension for Contribute or a possible workaround?
    This seems like a very common issue that content managers will face and I hope
    that Macromedia can provide a suitable solution.

    prophit5 Guest

  3. #3

    No, contribute does not allow you to create/modify/edit scripts of any kind.
    Making rollovers with Contribute would require javascript. This kind of thing
    should be done outside of contribute, or by the administrator.

    What I think is sad is that Contribute won't allow the user to make imagemaps.
    And there is nothing dynamic about imagemap, its just basic HTML. It recognizes
    imagemaps, and displays a little blue box around the hot areas, but it won't
    allow a user to make them.

    mzanime.com Guest

  4. #4

    Kenny: I am on this site because I would like to be able to double click on a
    thumbnail photo and have it enlarged in a separate frame. Is that what you
    mean by image rollover? The only reason I bought this program is so I could
    personally update my site. It is imperative that I can enlarge the thumbnails.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks, Joanna

    J Photographer Guest

  5. #5

    No - a rollover is when you move your mouse over an image (e.g. in a row of navigation buttons) and the image changes - highlights - until you move your mouse away from that image.
    christina.heikkila Guest

  6. #6

    All of the contribute menus are editable and a lot of the commands can be
    followed through to physical files.

    Contibute does allow you to create user defined commands(same as DW) to edit
    and add code.

    Why not create your own interface to allow users to do what you want.

    a good example of seeing what a command does is the insert tables options on
    the menus.

    LDudd Guest