Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating locked projectors without title bars - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi Guys, I've just upgraded from 8.5 to MX 2004, and was suprised to find the projector had changed quite a bit. I'm sure I'm just making some newbie mistake, but how can I have the MX 2004 projector look and fuction like a 8.5 one? The MX 2004 projector has a title bar that is shifting the whole project down by the same number of pixels that the bar takes up, but it doesn't correct the movie size, so chunk of the project is offscreen.. You can also drag the movie around by the bar, and even maximize it, ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating locked projectors without title bars

    Hi Guys,

    I've just upgraded from 8.5 to MX 2004, and was suprised to find the projector
    had changed quite a bit. I'm sure I'm just making some newbie mistake, but how
    can I have the MX 2004 projector look and fuction like a 8.5 one? The MX 2004
    projector has a title bar that is shifting the whole project down by the same
    number of pixels that the bar takes up, but it doesn't correct the movie size,
    so chunk of the project is offscreen.. You can also drag the movie around by
    the bar, and even maximize it, which is no good for me. I guess my question is:
    can I make a projector without the title bar?

    Many thanks!
    -Dark

    Dark4554 Guest

  2. #2

    You can , go to File>Create Projector>Options.
    .:}x-=V!P=-x{:. Guest

  3. #3

    There is no "Create Projector" option in the File menu of MX 2004. They've put all the options in "Publish Settings," but I was wondering about the title bar myself. I don't see an option for it.
    ukphile Guest

  4. #4

    I too am wondering wtf? I keep looking for some way of getting rid of that
    damn titlebar. I am creating a kiosk and REALLY do want it to run without that
    titlebar. Anyone else have any insight? I keep thinking the same thing, i
    must be missing it as its a simple option that has been there for soooo many
    versions of director, why would they get rid of it?

    daviday Guest

  5. #5

    It's a project depent options, and must be saved with the project.
    I think they did good to put it there and not on general settings.

    Vini
    coolvini Guest

  6. #6

    Yeah, but where is the option?? I understand that they've made the
    Publish Settings specific to each movie, but, where is the option to get rid of
    the title bar? There's an option on the "Projector" tab to turn full screen on
    or off, but there's no option to display without the title bar. In MX, there
    was a checkbox in the "Create Projector" options.

    ukphile Guest

  7. #7

    Okay, so this is silly. I am out to lunch here, or should this be a no brainer?

    Sounds like I'm not the only one confounded by this oversight (or bug.) I
    absolutely NEED to be able to get rid of the titlebar for a kiosk; it seems
    absurd that I can't do this.

    In an attempt to override the projector publishing settings I edited the .INI
    file but that didn't work; initially I thought the .INI file may be moot, but I
    was able to change:
    FullScreen=1 to FullScreen=0
    and that worked, but any attempt to change
    UseTitleBar=1 to UseTitleBar=0
    was useless.

    anyone, anyone?

    daviday Guest

  8. #8

    Hi,

    In order to change the appearance of your projector, you can go to display template tab under the property inspector. For more information, please visit:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/19270[/url]
    Jayem Abania Guest

  9. #9

    To add to Jayem's comment, I was pointed to where to resolve this first by
    google (thank goodness for google) and then by tech support... and thank you
    tech support... but, i might add that the instructions provided aren't
    definitively useful unless the display template tab is ALREADY showing in the
    property inspector. On Windoze, it didn't appear until I used the
    menus:Modify, Movie, Properties .. and voila, the display template
    showed up in the Property Inspector. Seems to be a quirk in the UI, but now
    the display template is showing up as a tab all the time.

    HTH,
    dave

    daviday Guest