Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating new paragraph styles - Adobe Indesign Windows

I am trying to make a set of new styles from an old PageMaker doent I've converted to InDesign. I have a style called Body text and I was planning to base all the styles on "Body text" so that all the styles will use the same font. Although I've selected to base the styles on Body text, the font stays at the font that was previously used. How can I every style to use the same font without needing to change them one by one under the Basic Character Formats section?...

  1. #1

    Default Creating new paragraph styles

    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating new paragraph styles

    Gabriel, it depends on your method for creating the new styles. To make variations of "Body Text," I would select it in the P-Styles palette and choose "Duplicate Style" from the palette menu, then rename and alter as desired...
    John Mensinger Guest

  3. #3

    Well, I have a whole list of pre-defined styles but they are all in Helvetica and I'd like to change them all to OpenType Arial to avoid font issues I've had in the past. I know everyone should have Arial so that's why I'd like to use it.

    Thanks for the advice.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I have another related question; In the Paragraph style options dialog you can see a list under "Style Settings". Is there not a way to copy and paste this information?
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Copy and paste it to what? If I had styles in a PageMaker pub, I would open it in InDesign and save as a Indy doent. If I already had styles in one Indy doent and wanted them in another, I would go to the Paragraph Styles palette menu button, choose (um) Load all styles (? can't remember off my head), navigate to the other doent, and double-click to pipe in all the Paragraph styles.

    There is a script on the studio site for free download that lists all styles used in the pub that turns it into a text file.

    Not sure if I understand your intention, tho.

    Mike Witherell in Washington DC
    mikewitherell_at_jetsetcom_dot_net Guest

  6. #6

    My intention is to copy the text listed under "Style Settings" and paste it into a InDesign doent showing those settings in the style they describe.

    Hopefully I could find what I'm looking for in the studio site. Sounds like that's what I'm going to need.

    Thanks for the reply Mike.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Mike, would you be so kind as to point me out to the script you are talking about?
    I was just in the studio page and looked at all the plug-ins and 97 scripts but did not see anything there that turns style settings into text.

    Your help is certainly appreciated.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest