Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating Newsletters - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hello, I'm using Adobe Contribute on Mac to create and edit newsletters and pages. My newsletter contains Titles on the top (which are Anchor-links, and then the all articles in the buttom (each with the corresponding Section-Anchor. I have few problems: 1. Having no option to export the HTML code as-is. The export option is grayed and not working. 2. Using Publish and then copying the source (By viewing it in a text editor) could do the job, but it gave me a lot of problems with links: suddenly "#article_one" becomes "..Newletters/Templates/file.html#article_one". This is OK for the Web page, but ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating Newsletters

    Hello,
    I'm using Adobe Contribute on Mac to create and edit newsletters and pages.
    My newsletter contains Titles on the top (which are Anchor-links, and then the
    all articles in the buttom (each with the corresponding Section-Anchor.
    I have few problems:
    1. Having no option to export the HTML code as-is. The export option is grayed
    and not working.
    2. Using Publish and then copying the source (By viewing it in a text editor)
    could do the job, but it gave me a lot of problems with links: suddenly
    "#article_one" becomes "..Newletters/Templates/file.html#article_one". This is
    OK for the Web page, but generating errors when sending this as Newsletter (I
    want the anchors to work inside the E-mail message).
    3. Formatting the page is very hard. When i try to mark text and change it's
    style, it would change the style name, but not the font, size and color itself.

    I would appreciate your help,
    Yuval

    Yovav Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Creating Newsletters

    1. Having no option to export the HTML code as-is. The export option is grayed
    and not working.
    Ans:The Export option is available only for Windows. Mac this option will not
    be there.
    2. Using Publish and then copying the source (By viewing it in a text editor)
    could do the job, but it gave me a lot of problems with links: suddenly
    "#article_one" becomes "..Newletters/Templates/file.html#article_one"....
    --- Are you seeing this change in the code or in the address bar it displays
    like this?
    3. Formatting the page is very hard. When i try to mark text and change it's
    style, it would change the style name, but not the font, size and color itself.
    Ans: Please have look on this thread
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=55&catid=29
    0&threadid=1406367&enterthread=y might help you.
    Otherwise please share your connection information to com to
    reproduce this issue. Your information will be kept confidential.

    Dominic Guest

  4. #4

    2. Using Publish and then copying the source (By viewing it in a text editor)
    could do the job, but it gave me a lot of problems with links: suddenly
    "#article_one" becomes "..Newletters/Templates/file.html#article_one"....
    --- Are you seeing this change in the code or in the address bar it
    displays like this?

    Change is in the code, so i have to say both... Maybe there's an option to
    change links automatically according to where you upload the files? example:
    link.htm becomes www.mydomain.com/link.htm

    Yovav Guest