Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating one of those window scrolling thingies. - Mac Programming

How does one go about creating one of those litte windows with the little rectangle inside that scrolls the main window when it's dragged around? And of course moves around when the main window is scrolled, and changes size according to the doent dimensions. The best example I can think of this is the navigator window in Photoshop....

  1. #1

    Default Creating one of those window scrolling thingies.

    How does one go about creating one of those litte windows with the
    little rectangle inside that scrolls the main window when it's dragged
    around? And of course moves around when the main window is scrolled,
    and changes size according to the doent dimensions.

    The best example I can think of this is the navigator window in
    Photoshop.
    Sam Guest

  2. #2

    In article <260120041619135127%com.invalid>, Sam
    <com.invalid> wrote:

    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I'm doing this in Carbon. You know what
    I mean by the navigator window, right?
    Sam Guest

  3. #3

    In article <260120041940575031%com.invalid>,
    Sam <com.invalid> wrote:

    I for one has no ide awhat your talking about. :) Maybe put a
    screenshot on your web page and post a link.
    Sean Guest

  4. #4

    In article <aei.ca>,
    Sean McBride <org> wrote:

    > I for one has no ide awhat your talking about. :) Maybe put a
    > screenshot on your web page and post a link.[/ref]

    A scrollbar?
    Not Guest

  5. #5

    <org> wrote:

    > I for one has no ide awhat your talking about. :) Maybe put a
    > screenshot on your web page and post a link.[/ref]

    http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/gundam06/Picture1.jpg

    This is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I'm assuming you don't
    have Photoshop.
    Sam Guest

  6. #6

    In article <260120041619135127%com.invalid>,
    Sam <com.invalid> wrote:

    You'll have to write it yourself, there is no direct support that I
    know of. I'll describe the process, using PowerPlant terminalogy.

    The main window has a frameSize, in pixels, of what is currently
    visible. Your doent has an imageSize that is its entire size.

    1.) Make a thumbnail, fitting inside a, say 256x256 frame, of your
    entire image.

    2.) Draw a rectangle (with FrameRect()) that is the portion of your
    entire doent that is currently visible, scaled appropriately, offset
    appropriately on the thumbnail.

    3.) If the user clicks in the visible rect, track the drag. A
    while(StillDown()){
    GetMouse(&here);
    if( ! EqualPt(here, oldHere)){
    // move the image's scrollbar settings, repeat (2)
    oldHere = here;
    }
    }

    loop is traditional, but Carbon has better support for track drag loops
    (PowerPlant has an example of using the new facility).

    Pretty easy.
    David Guest

  7. #7

    In article <sf.sbcglobal.net>, David
    Phillip Oster <org> wrote:

    > You'll have to write it yourself, there is no direct support that I
    > know of. I'll describe the process, using PowerPlant terminalogy.
    >
    > The main window has a frameSize, in pixels, of what is currently
    > visible. Your doent has an imageSize that is its entire size.
    >
    > 1.) Make a thumbnail, fitting inside a, say 256x256 frame, of your
    > entire image.
    >
    > 2.) Draw a rectangle (with FrameRect()) that is the portion of your
    > entire doent that is currently visible, scaled appropriately, offset
    > appropriately on the thumbnail.
    >
    > 3.) If the user clicks in the visible rect, track the drag. A
    > while(StillDown()){
    > GetMouse(&here);
    > if( ! EqualPt(here, oldHere)){
    > // move the image's scrollbar settings, repeat (2)
    > oldHere = here;
    > }
    > }
    >
    > loop is traditional, but Carbon has better support for track drag loops
    > (PowerPlant has an example of using the new facility).
    >
    > Pretty easy.[/ref]

    So, what do I do in IB? I want this to at least be compatible with
    10.2. I was thinking custom control, but I'm way off, right?

    <OT>BTW, are SPAMbots known to harvest e-mail addresses from the
    Reply-To line in the header?</OT>
    Sam Guest

  8. #8

    In article <270120041139432246%com.invalid>, Sam
    <com.invalid> wrote:

    > > You'll have to write it yourself, there is no direct support that I
    > > know of. I'll describe the process, using PowerPlant terminalogy.
    > >
    > > The main window has a frameSize, in pixels, of what is currently
    > > visible. Your doent has an imageSize that is its entire size.
    > >
    > > 1.) Make a thumbnail, fitting inside a, say 256x256 frame, of your
    > > entire image.
    > >
    > > 2.) Draw a rectangle (with FrameRect()) that is the portion of your
    > > entire doent that is currently visible, scaled appropriately, offset
    > > appropriately on the thumbnail.
    > >
    > > 3.) If the user clicks in the visible rect, track the drag. A
    > > while(StillDown()){
    > > GetMouse(&here);
    > > if( ! EqualPt(here, oldHere)){
    > > // move the image's scrollbar settings, repeat (2)
    > > oldHere = here;
    > > }
    > > }
    > >
    > > loop is traditional, but Carbon has better support for track drag loops
    > > (PowerPlant has an example of using the new facility).
    > >
    > > Pretty easy.[/ref]
    >
    > So, what do I do in IB? I want this to at least be compatible with
    > 10.2. I was thinking custom control, but I'm way off, right?
    >
    > <OT>BTW, are SPAMbots known to harvest e-mail addresses from the
    > Reply-To line in the header?</OT>[/ref]

    Just making sure you guys didn't forget about me. Now, can I have my
    answer?
    Sam Guest