Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating rollovers - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I need some help. Any help would be beneficial. I'm slowly learning Flash and would like to create a rollover on a web page of mine. When rolled over, a tab will appear next to each image, and when clicked upon, information about the item will appear below the entire graphic, much like how frames work. Could someone please direct me anywhere or give me any ideas as to what this is called or where I can find how to do it. As I said, any help would be greatly appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default Creating rollovers

    jordank webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating rollovers

    Didn't totally follow, but here's a good place to start:

    [url]http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Interfaces/[/url]

    GL

    -beally-
    -------------------------
    "Senior Member" - experienced at messing things up
    CurrentProject - feedback appreciated

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Interfaces/[/url]

    abeall webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, I'll check out that website.

    Let me also rephrase. Say I have a large graphic of a bedroom. When you rollover an item in the bedroom, say the bed, a tab will appear in the corner that says "bed". Say you go to roll over the television, a tab will appear in the same spot in the corner only it will say "TV". If you click on the television, information about that television will appear below the entire graphic of the bedroom. I've seen it done many times on sites and I know it has to do with disoriented rollovers. Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again, I'll check out that site.

    jordank webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    what you want to do is create a dis-jointed roller over, and then, on the button have a gotoAndPlay command which will go to the frame where the desired info is displayd. So, say when you click on the T.V, the Tv wil ahve an action which is:

    on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }

    (where 2 is Frame 2, where the information for the TV is held)

    and, on each frame there will be a stop() action, so the movie wont go on playing through al the diferent info fo rthe different objects.

    Hope this helps you understand what you have to do - I don't know how to make dis-jointed rolovers though, sorry :(

    GilesW webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest