Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating Site-Wide Dreamweaver gallery - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Is there a way to create a web gallery in dreamweaver that is site wide? We have hundreds of photos on our website and we are trying to get the best and easiest way to show our image galleries. Right now when we need to add a new project to the website, it takes an hour or two just to get the site updated because every image has it's own separate page. So a gallery with 12 thumbnails is really 12 .html pages. we NEED to get this site to where we can have a template image gallery that is ...

  1. #1

    Default Creating Site-Wide Dreamweaver gallery

    Is there a way to create a web gallery in dreamweaver that is site wide? We
    have hundreds of photos on our website and we are trying to get the best and
    easiest way to show our image galleries.

    Right now when we need to add a new project to the website, it takes an hour
    or two just to get the site updated because every image has it's own separate
    page. So a gallery with 12 thumbnails is really 12 .html pages.

    we NEED to get this site to where we can have a template image gallery that is
    linked to specific folders for images. What would be ideal is this scenario
    (please tell me if it's possible):
    Have a default web gallery set up to access the sub-folders that are in the
    parent folder of the gallery. Say we have template gallery in the parent
    folder and subfolders as follows: enlarged, thumbnails, display. All have
    appropriate images saved to those folders. The gallery just finds and replaces
    the thumbnails that are in this folder and links them to the display images and
    the display images linked to the enlarged. Say we add three images to each
    folder, named accordingly. The gallery would update automatically. SO this
    way we really only need to edit/resize new pictures and not have to worry about
    all the links in the site.

    Does that make sense?? If you take a look at our website (
    www.barleypfeiffer.com ), you'll see under portfolio/residential/then the top
    one, we have thumbnails on the left and display images on the right and if you
    click the display image, it's links to an enlarged image. How do we get this
    to be recreated for new projects in the least amount of steps??

    Any help/comments/suggestions to get this started would be beyond helpful.
    Thanks so much,

    Lorne

    lorne17 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating Site-Wide Dreamweaver gallery

    Might I suggest PHP... It's useful for creating image thumbnails and page templates and does work really nicely for gallery style sites.
    dee2011 Guest

  3. #3

    If you aren't familiar with PHP try this extension

    http://www.projectseven.com/products/galleries/hgmagic/index.htm

    The money it costs is well worth the ridiculous amount of time it saves you
    plus you can customize it to match the look and feel of your site.

    macapples Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for the useful resource was very helpful
    Jonbon999 Guest

  5. #5

    Yes great resources
    sickest4u Guest