Professional Web Applications Themes

Creating WWW - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I want create my www in Flash, but i don't know how? I'm trying to find step-by-step totorial about it...and nothing... :( Do you have or could you know where can I find tutorial STEP-BY-STEP...becoase flash abilitys isn't good enought.... PS I would rather language of tutorial in Polish, becouse I'm from Poland :P PS2 Please answer on my mail..... [email]kar85karinteria.pl[/email] PS3 Thanx... :)...

  1. #1

    Default Creating WWW

    kkkPL webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creating WWW

    hi,

    as you are very new to flash and want to create your website in flash
    remeber these basics....

    1. follow the basics used in html while working flash
    2. create your media library like : buttons, text, images, animation all sepratly
    3. integrated these items on diffrent events

    at this time this is the only help i can give u rest i will post later with a sample application

    regards
    gv79

    gv79 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    thanx for now..and I'm waiting for next steps :)

    kkkPL webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    That's not a problem, I never learned dreamweaver or any HTML website builder, and now I am hosting my website all built in flash. Because I found flash alot easier, and I prefered vector graphics. Just after I built the site I had to learn some basic things like editing the HTML codes for custom settings.
    Hey kkkpl, I don't know where you want to start from, but if you couldn't find tutorials, write me on [email]ashhmail.com[/email], I'll probably have an idea on what you want to do exactlly with your website.

    A few good hints:
    1) Every scene in a flash file can be a webpage (e.g., scene1 "preloader", scene2 "home", etc...)
    2) Use movieclips (MC's) to load external files into.
    3) Create buttons to navigate through the scenes.
    4) Make sure you clean up unwanted symbols from the library immediately.

    Ash
    Ash Sammy Guest

  5. #5

    Is it me or multi-scening s ?! It shouldn't be done, actually, because it will make loading time too long. You would better divide your website in several pages (just like he said.. home, contact, etc...) and load them when needed. Multiple scenes will slow down the loading at the beginning.

    Make sure you have a look at [url]www.kirupa.com[/url] and [url]www.flashkit.com[/url] for tutorials for effects and stuff.

    By the way, Ash Sammy, I'd like to have a look at your website, if you'd add a link here, please.

    war_mice webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    >4) Make sure you clean up unwanted symbols from the library immediately.

    why? anything in the library that does not exist on the flash timeline is excluded when movie is compiled - there's not urgent need to delete anything from the library that is not used as it/they will not be part of the SWF. In fact, it may be a good idea to leave them in for future reference - some even create a guide layer to place objects on for reference but dont want them part of the published movie (guide layers are excluded as well).

    chris georgenes
    mudbubble.com
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash
    phatkow Guest

  7. #7

    1) What I meant by "unwanted" symbols is that symbols you're sure you're not going to use later, unless you're confused you'll end up having symbols with samilar instance names, and not knowing where you started from or which one works or not, or whether is it the one you're looking for.

    2) Why would you have a scene with a hundred frames? It's not like I am puting Yahoo in one .swf. I have 10 scenes and each scene has 1-6 frames, and I am loading images imbeded within .swf files from an external scource, and each has a preloader for it self.

    -----------------------------------

    war_mice:

    [url]http://www.signalstrong.com[/url]

    It'll be on in couple'a days. I am just waiting for server to activate my domain.

    Ash
    Ash Sammy Guest

  8. #8

    >1) What I meant by "unwanted" symbols is that symbols you're sure you're not going to use later, unless you're confused you'll end up having symbols with samilar instance names, and not knowing where you started from or which one works or not, or whether is it the one you're looking for.

    sorry - but you lost me - i'm sure your intentions were good - it just seemed that your advice could have been conceived incorrectly by somebody else. i only meant to clarify that if there are symbols in the mibrary that are not on the stage, there's no *immediate* need to delete them.
    >2) Why would you have a scene with a hundred frames? It's not like I am puting Yahoo in one .swf. I have 10 scenes and each scene has 1-6 frames, and I am loading images imbeded within .swf files from an external scource, and each has a preloader for it self.
    I chose *100* for the sake of example only - i never said anybody *should* have 100 frames in a scene - although now the question is...why not? depends on the content of the site i suppose and depends on what it is that needs to be animated.

  9. #9

    Anyways, I guess you were right, even though my site isn't that big. I've broken my .swf into 10 .swf, and yeah it's alot better. It loads faster, and there's no need to load all pages at once. It's actually the first site I am building, so I guess for future websites I'll be doing the same thing. Thanks alot for all advice, came in the right in time.

    Ash
    Ash Sammy Guest

  10. #10

    hey cool...no prob - glad to have helped.