Professional Web Applications Themes

cropping problems - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Sometimes when cropping an image, the dotted lines fail to keep up with the mouse, but lag behind so that the required rectangle cannot be achieved. Have tried reloading the program and rebooting. Can anyone help?...

  1. #1

    Default cropping problems

    Sometimes when cropping an image, the dotted lines fail to keep up with the mouse, but lag behind so that the required rectangle cannot be achieved. Have tried reloading the program and rebooting. Can anyone help?
    guybc Guest

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: cropping problems

    Two ideas, neither guaranteed!

    First, try resetting the tools. With your Crop Tool selected, to to the Options Bar. At the far left will be the icon for that tool. Click and hold, and you will see options to either Reset that tool or Reset All Tools. Try this one first to see if it works.

    Second, delete the Elements Preference folder, in case a corruption is causing the problem. With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then quickly grab for (Win) the Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you see a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

    Try one or both of these to see if the Crop tool again starts behaving properly. If not, repost and let us know you've already tried. Somebody will come up with another bright idea. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Thankyou,Beth, resetting the tool fixed the problem.
    guybc Guest

  5. #5

    Yippee! I got one today! :) Keep both of those things in mind. Corruption isn't particularly uncommon when using Elements, and either one or the other of my suggestions fixes many problems that crop up after you've been using the program for a while.
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #6

    Beth, what am I doing wrong?

    I'm using Elements for 7 months now
    rather intensively (about 5 hours daily)and I didnot have any reason to reset the preferences at all.

    I think I'm as entitled to this as anybody else. I paid the full price, no rebates or refundings etc.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  7. #7

    Leen, sorry to say, but the Dutch version does not come equipped with the
    need to reset preferences...

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  8. #8

    I've never figured out exactly why that folder will become corrupted. I had tons of trouble when I was using PSE 1, but I think I've only had to do it once on PSE 2. The only thing I was relating it to at one time was very repetitive tasking, but I don't know if that really caused the corruption or if it was just coincidence.

    Don't feel bad, Leen, we'll let you keep hanging around anyway! Maybe someday you can have your turn. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  9. #9

    Being lucky isn't enough I suppose.
    I've both PSE 1, PSE 2 and LE installed, so I just sit and wait till opportunity knocks. ;-))

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest