Professional Web Applications Themes

cross browser, platform dynamic menu - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Yet again, you guys probably hate me by now. I wanted to know if this type of menu is possible, cross-platform, and browser compatiable. I over heard that Mac's don't like div tags, true? And if so, how do I get around this? Also using this menu, the one posted in my previous post, does'nt work well if you switch resolutions, one reason I've found out was because the size(duh) is different, one is bigger than the next. My coordinates are through off. Is there anyway I can get around this without using coords? Please, some one help me? I ...

  1. #1

    Default cross browser, platform dynamic menu

    Yet again, you guys probably hate me by now. I wanted to know if this type of
    menu is possible, cross-platform, and browser compatiable. I over heard that
    Mac's don't like div tags, true? And if so, how do I get around this? Also
    using this menu, the one posted in my previous post, does'nt work well if you
    switch resolutions, one reason I've found out was because the size(duh) is
    different, one is bigger than the next. My coordinates are through off. Is
    there anyway I can get around this without using coords? Please, some one help
    me? I don't care if you hack my code to bits if it means getting it to work.
    Just someone help me? I will really appreciate it. I won't post the code here,
    its in my other post: div tags and dynamic menus

    Thanks again!(and again , and again, and again.....)

    noobie2005 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: cross browser, platform dynamic menu

    > Mac's don't like div tags, true?

    Utter and complete nonsense.
    > switch resolutions
    Resolution changes only affect the maximum width you can set your browser
    viewport for. A given viewport width will display identically on any
    resolution.

    Make sure you look at the menu systems at PVII (all cross-platform/browser).
    There are others you should look at, too, including the youngpup menus
    (definitely not plug-n-play -
    [url]http://www.youngpup.net/?request=/components/ypSlideOutMenus.xml[/url]), Thierry's
    nice menu system at [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com[/url] or [url]http://www.tjkdesign.com[/url],
    Trent Pastrana's at [url]http://www.fourlevel.com[/url], and Alexandru's at
    [url]http://www.interaktonline.com[/url]. For sure, one of these will meet your
    needs....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "noobie2005" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Yet again, you guys probably hate me by now. I wanted to know if this
    > type of
    > menu is possible, cross-platform, and browser compatiable. I over heard
    > that
    > Mac's don't like div tags, true? And if so, how do I get around this? Also
    > using this menu, the one posted in my previous post, does'nt work well if
    > you
    > switch resolutions, one reason I've found out was because the size(duh) is
    > different, one is bigger than the next. My coordinates are through off. Is
    > there anyway I can get around this without using coords? Please, some one
    > help
    > me? I don't care if you hack my code to bits if it means getting it to
    > work.
    > Just someone help me? I will really appreciate it. I won't post the code
    > here,
    > its in my other post: div tags and dynamic menus
    >
    > Thanks again!(and again , and again, and again.....)

    Murray *TMM* Guest