Professional Web Applications Themes

CS2 Compatibility Update - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hello all, I have an end-user who is using InDesign CS. Another user within our company uses InDesign CS2. The user with CS needs to install the CS2 Compatibility Update in order to view the doent created in CS2. We check for updates within InDesign and it says the CS2 Compatibility Update is available. We download & install the update and we receive a message that the update was installed sucessfully. However, when we then try to view a doent created in CS2, we receive an error that the doent is not compatible. Also, when we check for updates again, ...

  1. #1

    Default CS2 Compatibility Update

    Hello all,

    I have an end-user who is using InDesign CS. Another user within our company uses InDesign CS2. The user with CS needs to install the CS2 Compatibility Update in order to view the doent created in CS2. We check for updates within InDesign and it says the CS2 Compatibility Update is available. We download & install the update and we receive a message that the update was installed sucessfully. However, when we then try to view a doent created in CS2, we receive an error that the doent is not compatible. Also, when we check for updates again, it is saying that we need the CS2 Compatibiliy Update, so it's like it never installed in the first place. Any ideas why it is not installing?

    I have rebooted and tried installing the CS2 Compatibility Update again with no luck. A couple weeks ago I installed this Compatibility update for another end-user and they were able to view the same CS2 doent without any problems.

    Hope that makes some sense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    Josh
    JoshH@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CS2 Compatibility Update

    To answer part of your question, the CS2 compatibility update will not open
    CS2 files. It will open .INX files exported from CS2.

    Ken_Grace@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Ken,

    Yes, you are correct. Just to clarify, the end-user is trying to open a .inx file.

    Thanks,

  4. #4

    In CS ctrl+click About InDesign. It should show the version number as
    3.0.1(838).

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Robert,

    Unfortunately it says 3.0. I actually ran the update on another CS users PC and hers did change to 3.0.1. However, it stays 3.0 on the problem PC after running the update.

  6. #6

    Do you have administrator rights on that machine? What's number in
    parenthesis on the problem machine?

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  7. #7

    Yes, I logged in as administrator to install the update. Also, there is nothing in parenthesis next to where it says 3.0.

  8. #8

    Under application info it should say Adobe InDesign Version.

    Bob
    Bob Guest

  9. #9

    Hold down Control while choosing About InDesign.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Bob,

    It says CS (424).

  11. #11

    Well that is 3.0 all right. Have you tried manually downloading the update and applying it that way (I'm a Mac user, so I'm on the fringe of knowing what I'm talking about here).

  12. #12

    Hi Dave,

    Yeah, I did try downloading and installing the update manually, rather than going through help/updates from within InDesign.

  13. #13

    Well Mac or Windows that's the only thing I can come up with. If that
    still doesn't work, try starting Windows in safe mode and then launching
    the update.

    Bob
    Bob Guest