Professional Web Applications Themes

CSS and Mozilla - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I'm having some trouble with Mozilla not displaying CSS correctly. I have a very simple stylesheet controlling the hyperlink font(a:link, etc..). I can test it locally or from a network drive and it works just fine, however, once I post it to the webserver and view it from the outside it doesn't show up right. I get the default blue hyperlinks. It shows up just fine in Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default CSS and Mozilla

    regicide webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CSS and Mozilla

    It's probably a problem with the link to your style sheet, rather than the
    style sheet itself. Test if it works if you put the style info directly into
    your HTML file.

    regicide wrote:
    > I'm having some trouble with Mozilla not displaying CSS correctly. I
    > have a very simple stylesheet controlling the hyperlink font(a:link,
    > etc..). I can test it locally or from a network drive and it works
    > just fine, however, once I post it to the webserver and view it from
    > the outside it doesn't show up right. I get the default blue
    > hyperlinks. It shows up just fine in Internet Explorer. Any
    > suggestions?

    rob :: digitalburn Guest

  3. #3

    "regicide" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I'm having some trouble with Mozilla not displaying CSS correctly. I have a very simple stylesheet controlling the hyperlink font(a:link, etc..). I can test it locally or from a network drive and it works just fine, however, once I post it to the webserver and view it from the outside it doesn't show up right. I get the default blue hyperlinks. It shows up just fine in Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?
    As Rob said it could be in how you link to the CSS file. Can you post a
    link to your page?

    It could also be the web server's fault, that is, Mozilla expects
    (requires?) that CSS files be sent with a mime type from the server
    indicating that it is a css file and may not recognize css files if they
    aren't sent with that mime type. If this is the case, then you'll need
    to contact your web host to have them add the proper mime type for CSS
    files.

    --
    Enjoy,
    Danilo Celic

    | Extending Knowledge, Daily
    | [url]http://www.CommunityMX.com/[/url]

    Those who aren't looking often have their eyes open widest.

    danilocelic Guest

  4. #4

    <link href="../base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

    I have the stylesheet in my root and everything is linking to it. Since the stylesheet is so simple(just text), I just made a little template for page layout and css is only controlling text. I just wanted to be able to change the font, and a couple of other things, by editing one file. Internet explorer works fine. Mozilla works fine locally. I may setup a different server with Apache to see if there is any difference.

    regicide webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    Agh... I found it. It was the doctype.

    regicide webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Well, I thought that's what it was. Isn't this right?

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html401--19991224/loose.dtd">

    Besides the text effect, I have a navbar that I have set some table attributes to. I get the same effect if I use

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

    Am I right in believing that either one of these should work? If I use

    then I get the correct links, but I.E. loses some formatting. Ideas? I know I'm a little green at this but shouldn't these work?

    regicide webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    I'm no expert on this I'm afraid. I usually just use this and hope for the
    best: