Professional Web Applications Themes

CSS for Snitz forum? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Someone have a css-file for this forum? KH Tine Müller e-mail: [email]tinememail.dk[/email] homepage: [url]http://tine_muller.homepage.dk/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default CSS for Snitz forum?

    Someone have a css-file for this forum?

    KH
    Tine Müller

    e-mail: [email]tinememail.dk[/email]
    homepage: [url]http://tine_muller.homepage.dk/[/url]

    Tine Müller Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CSS for Snitz forum?

    > Someone have a css-file for this forum?
    Unless they've come out with a recent update, SNITZ templates aren't styled
    with CSS...at least not an external CSS style sheet.

    One of the drawbacks of the system, IMHO.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  3. #3

    [url]http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45166[/url]

    "Tine Müller" <tinememail.dk> wrote in message
    > Someone have a css-file for this forum?
    >

    > KH
    > Tine Müller
    >
    > e-mail: [email]tinememail.dk[/email]
    > homepage: [url]http://tine_muller.homepage.dk/[/url]

    Les Matthews Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for your answers.

    I have made a question here
    [url]http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46008[/url] but need some help
    from this group to understand how this forum is functioning with Dreamweaver
    MX.

    How do you make your changes to the forum - localhost or online server - or
    both?

    I have made something right because I can use the forum both on localhost
    and online but I'm not sure what is the best way to use this forum.

    For instance today I made a lot of changes in "Admin settings" for
    "Font/Table Color Code Configuration" and it looks great and they have told
    me in the forum that the changes are made in /db/ so then I uploaded my
    database but nothing happends - do I really have to make all the changes
    again online?

    Please tell me the best way to use this forum because I think it's great and
    as soon as I have understood what this is all about I will use the forum on
    others sites.

    My first forum/test can you see here [url]http://www.gaia-instituttet.dk/snitzDK/[/url]

  5. #5

    I have now been playing for a lot of ours and are beginning to understand
    what's happening. - I'm new to ASP. :-)
    I schould use "setup.asp" online for getting the changes to work. Easy when
    you know it.

    I still want to get some tips from you. Thanks.

  6. #6

    You should not have to run setup.asp every time you change the color codes
    or other forum configuration parameters. I usually do not have the same
    configuration local on online. I am usually playing around with the settings
    locally until I like what I see, then I go to my public and make the same
    changes. You will want to avoid re-uploading your database to facilitate
    changes as it contains information other than just forum configurations.

    You might want to take a look at this site: [url]http://www.snitzbitz.com/[/url]. It
    features some nice scripts (MODs) to modify snits forums. Some of them are
    easy to implement; some not - so be careful. I implemented the Universal
    Login Mod on one of my forums.

  7. #7

    "Les Matthews" skrev
    > You should not have to run setup.asp every time you change the color codes
    > or other forum configuration parameters. I usually do not have the same
    > configuration local on online. I am usually playing around with the
    settings
    > locally until I like what I see, then I go to my public and make the same
    > changes.
    Thanks for your answer. I use ADSL.
    As I understand your message the best way is to use online server and not
    up/downloading the /db/ and other things every time you use localhost or
    online server because you say:
    >You will want to avoid re-uploading your database to facilitate
    > changes as it contains information other than just forum configurations.
    Would you tell me what this information is? Is there a place where it's
    explained in details what to look for when you use /db/ and Dreamweaver MX
    so you don't miss up the files? :-(

    Yesterday I discovered that a lot of the changes I had made in "Admin
    Settings" online has changed back to default and I didn't know why - maybe
    it could have something to do with my update/downloading /db/? When schould
    I have to use "setup.asp"? Do you know of a site where Dreamweaver MX and
    Snitz are discussed?

    Looking forward to here from you and maybe others from this group but I
    think a lot of people are on Holiday. :-(

  8. #8

    The remote database contains all your membership and forum posting
    information. If a member changes his or her profile or makes a post to a
    forum and you then upload a new database, the member's changes profile and
    new posting will be lost.

    In other words, if your web site is live; you are not the only person
    changing the information in the remote database. So once people are signed
    up, you don't want to overwrite the remote database. If you feel at some
    time you must, then you should temporarily disable the online forums and
    then download the database from the remote host, modify it as necessary,
    upload back in place, and then re-open the forums. In this way, you will
    preserve your membership data.

    It's a good idea to download the database from the remote host from time to
    time as part of your backup plan.

    The remote database is the master.

  9. #9

    "Les Matthews" skrev
    > The remote database contains all your membership and forum posting
    > information. If a member changes his or her profile or makes a post to a
    > forum and you then upload a new database, the member's changes profile and
    > new posting will be lost.
    >
    > In other words, if your web site is live; you are not the only person
    > changing the information in the remote database. So once people are signed
    > up, you don't want to overwrite the remote database. If you feel at some
    > time you must, then you should temporarily disable the online forums and
    > then download the database from the remote host, modify it as necessary,
    > upload back in place, and then re-open the forums. In this way, you will
    > preserve your membership data.
    >
    > It's a good idea to download the database from the remote host from time
    > time as part of your backup plan.
    >
    > The remote database is the master.
    Thanks very much for your explanation. It really helped me.