Professional Web Applications Themes

css not rendering correctly in IE win - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

ok, so far, every browser i've tested sans ie win works fine. i'm not concerned with ie mac, and honestly, the audience of this site will probably not ever be anyone other than an ie win user. thanks in advance for any help... [url]http://www.ynotdesign.com/clients/ccs05/int_build.asp[/url] to the page as i'm currently working on it. * beware that i've been using bg color blocks and they will change from time to time to (a) help me judge my edges of objects, and (b) confirm that i'm using the latest (non-cached) version of my css file... as that's been another browser- and platform-agnostic ...

  1. #1

    Default css not rendering correctly in IE win

    ok, so far, every browser i've tested sans ie win works fine. i'm not concerned
    with ie mac, and honestly, the audience of this site will probably not ever be
    anyone other than an ie win user. thanks in advance for any help...

    [url]http://www.ynotdesign.com/clients/ccs05/int_build.asp[/url] to the page as i'm
    currently working on it.
    * beware that i've been using bg color blocks and they will change from time
    to time to (a) help me judge my edges of objects, and (b) confirm that i'm
    using the latest (non-cached) version of my css file... as that's been another
    browser- and platform-agnostic problem all it's own.

    the problem is that for some reason the div that contains the lower left
    (intnav) nav is not respecting it's width and seems to be adding padding to
    itself in ie. i have tried using the ul tag around the li and it actually
    worked w/o it, and i'm pretty sure i've seen enough references that state that
    it's not necessary - that the li tags will hold there own without a ul or ol as
    a container. and yes, i've tried putting them (ul tags) back in and adding
    accurate width, no padding, and no margin attributes to see if that would fix
    it, and nope, it wouldn't.

    it's making the entire left col too wide, and seems to be adding left padding
    for some reason, and also seems to be adding margins above or below each li
    item - but i can deal with that if i could get the width issue solved.

    any help is greatly appreciated!

    thanks,
    - jeremy

    jeremy bechtold Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: css not rendering correctly in IE win

    bump
    jeremy bechtold Guest

  3. #3

    reposting this msg as notes from other threads show that if it was skipped
    originally, it will prob not be read by those potentially most helpful because
    they're using newsgroup readers or rss feeds.

    this thread can be deleteed by moderators if necessary. thanks, jeremy

    jeremy bechtold Guest

  4. #4

    ok, so far, every browser i've tested sans ie win works fine. i'm not concerned
    with ie mac, and honestly, the audience of this site will probably not ever be
    anyone other than an ie win user. thanks in advance for any help... btw, i
    posted this originally late friday, and with no responses i closed the previous
    and reposted as i assume those with rss readers or newsgroups would never see
    the orig post.

  5. #5

    Start by validating the page, and fixing the errors....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "jeremy bechtold" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > ok, so far, every browser i've tested sans ie win works fine. i'm not
    > concerned
    > with ie mac, and honestly, the audience of this site will probably not
    > ever be
    > anyone other than an ie win user. thanks in advance for any help... btw, i
    > posted this originally late friday, and with no responses i closed the
    > previous
    > and reposted as i assume those with rss readers or newsgroups would never
    > see
    > the orig post.
    >
    > [url]http://www.ynotdesign.com/clients/ccs05/int_build.asp[/url] to the page as i'm
    > currently working on it.
    > * beware that i've been using bg color blocks and they will change from
    > time
    > to time to (a) help me judge my edges of objects, and (b) confirm that i'm
    > using the latest (non-cached) version of my css file... as that's been
    > another
    > browser- and platform-agnostic problem all it's own.
    >
    > the problem is that for some reason the div that contains the lower left
    > (intnav) nav is not respecting it's width and seems to be adding padding
    > itself in ie. i have tried using the ul tag around the li and it actually
    > worked w/o it, and i'm pretty sure i've seen enough references that state
    > that
    > it's not necessary - that the li tags will hold there own without a ul or
    > ol as
    > a container. and yes, i've tried putting them (ul tags) back in and adding
    > accurate width, no padding, and no margin attributes to see if that would
    > fix
    > it, and nope, it wouldn't.
    >
    > it's making the entire left col too wide, and seems to be adding left
    > padding
    > for some reason, and also seems to be adding margins above or below each
    > li
    > item - but i can deal with that if i could get the width issue solved.
    >
    > any help is greatly appreciated!
    >
    > thanks,
    > - jeremy

    Murray *TMM* Guest